returning after long time away

  • batgirlnh911
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
      Greetings all, some of you may remember me as the member that dropped
      off the face of the Earth for a while, especially you Peter! after a
      long illness and other issues, my computer and i are back online and
      ready for chat. i have lots of new drawings to share with everyone
      and cant wait to get back into Deadlandsuk again.
      Peter if you get a chance please drop me a line i have much to tell you!
      -Kelly
      Marshal E. Vader
    • jon.scholes@otto-uk.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2008
        Greetin's there,

        Not been around these woods for a while.... but it's good to see you back.
        Though this town, is looking like a ghost town at the minute.

        Anyone still out there?
        Anyone still playing?
        Anyone still playing Deadlands?
        Who's had a chance to check out Reloaded and can give an honest opinion of
        it ...? Who cares if shane's reading, is it as good as the 2nd edition?

        Who fancies GMming or playing in an online game, kicking off a fresh game
        for the third time, hey, third time lucky?

        Jon.
        - Deputy Phillips.

        "batgirlnh911" <batgirlnh911@...>
        Sent by: Deadlandsuk@yahoogroups.com
        13/02/2008 04:16
        Please respond to
        Deadlandsuk@yahoogroups.com

        Deadlandsuk@yahoogroups.com
        cc

        Subject
        [Deadlands uk] returning after long time away

        Greetings all, some of you may remember me as the member that dropped
        off the face of the Earth for a while, especially you Peter! after a
        long illness and other issues, my computer and i are back online and
        ready for chat. i have lots of new drawings to share with everyone
        and cant wait to get back into Deadlandsuk again.
        Peter if you get a chance please drop me a line i have much to tell you!
        -Kelly
        Marshal E. Vader

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2008
          OK, so I'm a lurker on the UK list, cuz at the time I had to have all things Deadlands! BUT, I have the Reloaded book, and can make some comments.

          I really really like the Savage Worlds rules set. As such, the DL:R book is very excellent because it puts into Savage Worlds terms the majority of the Deadlands world. There's still a few things from some source books that aren't there, but not much (witches, metal mages, come to mind but could be house ruled I think).

          If you aren't so much a SW fan, or like SW but for DL just have to have the Classic rules, then the DL:R book still serves a purpose. There is much good information regarding the state of the world after a few more years (it's 1879 iirc). The PDF Player's Guide contains info about the world state that most folks might know.

          You can get just the Player Guide for the info on the War and all. It even shows you how to many of the Deadlands character types translate into Reloaded: Blessed, Hucksters, Harrowed, Shaman, Shaolin. Poker cards, Chips, Grit, and some very excellent duelling rules are also included.

          You obviously don't get a Marshal's Handbook section in the PDF Player's Guide, so you won't know any of the new or updated secret sauce behind the Weird West current events.

          My only complaints about the Savage Worlds treatment of Deadlands are the slow release of new Deadlands stuff to buy since the Reloaded book, and the lack of a bright orange color scheme for the cover ;-) I was fond of the orange covers!

          Does that serve as an "honest" review?

          Jy

        • MARKDLUCAS5@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 13, 2008
            Jon/Kelly Everyone !

            It good to see that Deadlands UK is up and running again!

            Im a big Deadlands fan - and I can honestly say Reloaded streamlines the
            game.

            Im interested in Playing etc - My group meets in London ( I live in Tring
            Herts)

            I would also like to take this chance if I may to plug our Convention
            Gamesfest 3 which is on the 04/10/2008 in Tring Hertfordshire.

            Shane and Pinnacle will be attending as they did last year - and they will be
            Deadlands being played - I may get to run my own convention adventure Los
            Demons de Muertos .

            If anyone else is up to GM let me know.

            If anyone wants to know more - mail me or call.

            Regs Mark Lucas

            GAMESFEST 3

            Mark@... or markdlucas5@...

            07976 629378

            INFORMATION

            Games Workshop are attending, along with Pinnacle Entertainment, Wizards of
            the Coast and Esdevium Games and Project Hydra (and many more).

            Rebellion Industries (2000AD, Megazine and Abaddon books) are also set to
            attend, along with SFX (the UKS leading sci-fi magazine)

            With regards Celebrities /authors, so far Stan Nicholls (author of Orcs) is
            attending, Graham McNeil looks likely to attend , Mark Chadbourn ( science
            fiction and horror author ) is attending, and John Birmingham (author of the Axis
            of Time trilogy) has expressed an interest in attending.

            The show looks set to be a great day with something for everyone and there
            will be a bar!!!!

             What is Gamesfest?

            A convention to showcase the best of Role-playing, Wargaming , Boardgaming
            and Science Fiction/Fantasy literature into one a day convention.

            We want to pull all the strands of Fantasy/Science Fiction together and
            create a unique experience for the fan/enthusiast in one convention.

            Hopefully ours is a unique vision and we want to focus on customer
            satisfaction and a totally enjoyable day dedicated to players and fans alike.

            The aim is to

            1) Enable people to play games in an informal, friendly environment

            2) Let fans sample the best the gaming industry has to offer through Trade
            Stands / demo games.

            3) Let fans meet the creators/designers of the games.

            4) Give an opportunity, for fans to meet the writers/artists of their
            favourite Comics and Books.

            5) Provide a unique shopping experience for the Gamer/comic/book reader.

            WHEN WHERE ETC

            GAMESFEST 3 on SATURDAY 4th OCTOBER 2008 1000 - 1900 hrs at the same location
            VICTORIA HALL AKEMAN STREET TRING HERTFORDSHIRE.

            The convention is spread out across 3 halls!

            We have Hot/Cold food all day.

            A Bar!

            About Victoria Hall : Victoria Hall was built on the site of "The Assembly
            Rooms" in 1886 as a purpose built dance hall. The architect Mr William Huckvale
            designed it in the Italian Renaissance style. Victoria Hall is situated in the
            town centre of Tring, close to the main car parks

            About Tring: Tring is a picturesque market town in the county of
            Hertfordshire in England.

            Transport :

            Train : Tring Station - Silverlink - Tring is approx 40 Mins from London
            Euston.

            Car : Tring is about 15 Mins from Junction 20 M25

            There are several Car Parks in very close proximity to Victoria Hall.

          • Tavis Hill
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 13, 2008
              Hi there,

              I'm still out here, still playing Deadlands (Hell on Earth at the
              moment, but not long ago drew a temporary curtain on a Weird West
              bonanza that had been running for 18months and will be returned to again
              at some point.

              I've not tried the DL:R rules yet, but have been playing Savage Worlds
              with both the 50 Fathoms and Evernight settings, and I have to say the
              rules set is great and based on that I'd love to try DL:R when I go back
              to the Weird West again.

              Marshall Hill

              Not been around these woods for a while.... but it's good to see you
              back.
              Though this town, is looking like a ghost town at the minute.

              Anyone still out there?
              Anyone still playing?
              Anyone still playing Deadlands?
              Who's had a chance to check out Reloaded and can give an honest opinion
              of
              it ...? Who cares if shane's reading, is it as good as the 2nd edition?

              Who fancies GMming or playing in an online game, kicking off a fresh
              game
              for the third time, hey, third time lucky?

              Jon.
              - Deputy Phillips.

              "batgirlnh911" <batgirlnh911@ <mailto:batgirlnh911%40yahoo.com>
              yahoo.com>