Online Deadlands

  • jasen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2007
      i am gearing up for an online Deadlands with a group of friends
      spanning the States, and i am looking for some advice. i am planning
      to use Gametable for the battlemat, a Card Drawing program linked on
      one of the webring sites, and Ventrilo for chatting/narration. the one
      thing i cant cover is poker chips. any pointers?

      I had thought of using:
      1. a die roll based on probabilities of a given chip showing up in a
      draw, (ugh, math) or
      2. an honor system with each household having a pile of chips. the
      problem with the honor system is the odds would be skewed, since only
      1-2 people would be drawing from that pot.

      does anyone know of a web-based or program to randomly draw poker
      chips? RP rewards are easily covered, since i pick which chip to hand
      out, but the session draws and other instances are not.
    • Joel Watkins
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2007
        Keep a master bag at your meatspace and do all the draws yourself?

        --
        "The more you try to prevent people from freaking out when you speak, the
        more you become a nice, dead person. Put your attention first on whether

      • bruce
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2007
          use a random number generator. if you have 90 chips, with 60 white, 20 red and 10 blue, rolls of 1-60 are white. 61-80 red and 81-90 blue.
          kep track of numbers used and reroll if they come up again.

          i use this system for adventure cards for my online ne game.
          kturock