Re: [Deadlands uk] Roll Call - - Insanity, UK. pop 93

  • jon.scholes@grattan.co.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2005
      Why howdy Joel...

      ... ye must be the new undertaker for the town. Well I suppose the best
      thing would be to point out a few folk and let others throw in their shots.

      I'm Jon ... Big Bad Jon to most folks and bartender here in the fine old
      virtual town of Insanity, UK. I looks after the Storm Saloon, and where
      there's bull to be raised, you can usually find it in there. I got
      gambling, hookers, liqour and a whole mess-a stories for anyone dumb enough
      to buy a whisky and stand still long enough to listen to em.

      That over there is Tennessee Nate, he runs the livery stables and rumoured
      to run faster than his horses when a debt comes lookin. Next to him is
      Sheriff King. You'll know him soon enough and he don't let nobody forget
      the law around these parts. But i'll let them introduce themselves further
      if they figure out which hole is their yap this week.

      If you stick around long enough you'll probably run into Doc Padgett, good
      man with a saw whether he likes ye or not. and we gots a few other cowpokes
      around. They'll be in later. Oh yes. And not forgettin' Marshall Shane. But
      he don't talk much.

      Joel Watkins
      <joelwatkins@gmai To: Deadlandsuk@yahoogroups.com
      l.com> cc:
      Sent by: Subject: [Deadlands uk] Roll Call
      Deadlandsuk@yahoo
      groups.com

      12/12/05 16:09
      Please respond to
      Deadlandsuk

      I like the idea of introductions, since I'm relatively new to the list.

      I run a Weird West game (8 sessions old) and play in a Hell On Earth game.
      Deadlands is alive and well in San Luis Obispo, California. Most of the
      players for my Weird West game are Deadlands newbies, so I'm running a low
      weirdness game. I just ran "This Harrowed Ground" and will probably run
      "Adios A-Mi-Go" next. Last session was somewhat of a transitional session
      as the spinster Aunt Bessie took a cavalry saber to the chest and was laid
      up for 5 months. The heroes just had their first encounter with the
      Pinkerton Detective Agency as well, with two agents explaining away the
      zombie hoardes with a disease outbreak of "X51". Luckily the heroes were
      not infected. ;)

      --
      ( \_/)
      (O.o) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to your signature

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Peter King
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2005
        Howdy Pard.

        Well thanks Jon for that grand introduction. I sure do be the Sherrif i nthese parts though apart from a few wandering Shysters tryin a palm off cheap watches n cyber hookers there ain't much law keepin to be done around these parts.

        You are in distinguished company though as every hombre here has had some contribution to the deadlands world at some point or another, glad to have ya in town... dont drink the water......

        --
        ( \_/)