Railroad map?

  • David Dankel
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
      Does anyone know if there's a decent map of the major tracks for all
      the Deadlands rail lines? My group's trying to be rather realistic
      with travel time, and we're trying to see just which cities are
      connected to which so we can plot our travels. Are there any
      resources out there that will help?

      Thanks,
      -Dave Dankel
    • Bill Segulin
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2003
        David,

        I've had a lot of luck with the following URL

        http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/gmdhtml/rrhtml/rrhome.html

        as well as

        http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/map_sites/hist_sites.html

        And with specific Google wording like "1870, Map, Colorado" for instance I
        found

        http://www.chasenegw.com/1872colorado.htm

        I hope this helps

        -Bill

        > Subject: RE: Railroad map?
        >
        > Re-definable geography is pretty common in our fantasy games, but since
        > Deadlands takes place literally right next door, we're trying to preserve as
        > much realism as possible. It helps provide the grounding that makes the
        > supernatural and horrific that much more extreme.
        >
        > We've got the first edition rulebook, which I don't think has the same map
        > in it - I'm not 100% sure on that since the Marshall has it on him at the
        > moment. We also don't have any of the Epitaphs, so unfortunately those
        > won't help us. I was hoping someone knew of a good web resource for this (I
        > wasn't able to google anything, though), but thanks anyway.
        >
        > -Dave

        =====
        CONSULTING: If you're not part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem.
        www.despair.com

        http://shopping.yahoo.com