      From: Deadlandsuk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Deadlandsuk@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Jeff
      Sent: 13 February 2008 12:24
      To: Deadlandsuk@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Deadlands uk] returning after long time away

      OK, so I'm a lurker on the UK list, cuz at the time I had to have all
      things Deadlands! BUT, I have the Reloaded book, and can make some
      comments.

      I really really like the Savage Worlds rules set. As such, the DL:R book
      is very excellent because it puts into Savage Worlds terms the majority
      of the Deadlands world. There's still a few things from some source
      books that aren't there, but not much (witches, metal mages, come to
      mind but could be house ruled I think).

      If you aren't so much a SW fan, or like SW but for DL just have to have
      the Classic rules, then the DL:R book still serves a purpose. There is
      much good information regarding the state of the world after a few more
      years (it's 1879 iirc). The PDF Player's Guide contains info about the
      world state that most folks might know.

      You can get just the Player Guide for the info on the War and all. It
      even shows you how to many of the Deadlands character types translate
      into Reloaded: Blessed, Hucksters, Harrowed, Shaman, Shaolin. Poker
      cards, Chips, Grit, and some very excellent duelling rules are also
      included.

      You obviously don't get a Marshal's Handbook section in the PDF Player's
      Guide, so you won't know any of the new or updated secret sauce behind
      the Weird West current events.

      My only complaints about the Savage Worlds treatment of Deadlands are
      the slow release of new Deadlands stuff to buy since the Reloaded book,
      and the lack of a bright orange color scheme for the cover ;-) I was
      fond of the orange covers!

      Does that serve as an "honest" review?

      Jy