1258Re: [Deadlands uk] returning after long time away

  • MARKDLUCAS5@aol.com
    Feb 13, 2008
      Jon/Kelly Everyone !

      It good to see that Deadlands UK is up and running again!

      Im a big Deadlands fan - and I can honestly say Reloaded streamlines the
      game.

      Im interested in Playing etc - My group meets in London ( I live in Tring
      Herts)

      I would also like to take this chance if I may to plug our Convention
      Gamesfest 3 which is on the 04/10/2008 in Tring Hertfordshire.

      Shane and Pinnacle will be attending as they did last year - and they will be
      Deadlands being played - I may get to run my own convention adventure Los
      Demons de Muertos .

      If anyone else is up to GM let me know.

      If anyone wants to know more - mail me or call.

      Regs Mark Lucas

      GAMESFEST 3

      Mark@... or markdlucas5@...

      07976 629378

      INFORMATION

      Games Workshop are attending, along with Pinnacle Entertainment, Wizards of
      the Coast and Esdevium Games and Project Hydra (and many more).

      Rebellion Industries (2000AD, Megazine and Abaddon books) are also set to
      attend, along with SFX (the UKS leading sci-fi magazine)

      With regards Celebrities /authors, so far Stan Nicholls (author of Orcs) is
      attending, Graham McNeil looks likely to attend , Mark Chadbourn ( science
      fiction and horror author ) is attending, and John Birmingham (author of the Axis
      of Time trilogy) has expressed an interest in attending.

      The show looks set to be a great day with something for everyone and there
      will be a bar!!!!

       What is Gamesfest?

      A convention to showcase the best of Role-playing, Wargaming , Boardgaming
      and Science Fiction/Fantasy literature into one a day convention.

      We want to pull all the strands of Fantasy/Science Fiction together and
      create a unique experience for the fan/enthusiast in one convention.

      Hopefully ours is a unique vision and we want to focus on customer
      satisfaction and a totally enjoyable day dedicated to players and fans alike.

      The aim is to

      1) Enable people to play games in an informal, friendly environment

      2) Let fans sample the best the gaming industry has to offer through Trade
      Stands / demo games.

      3) Let fans meet the creators/designers of the games.

      4) Give an opportunity, for fans to meet the writers/artists of their
      favourite Comics and Books.

      5) Provide a unique shopping experience for the Gamer/comic/book reader.

      WHEN WHERE ETC

      GAMESFEST 3 on SATURDAY 4th OCTOBER 2008 1000 - 1900 hrs at the same location
      VICTORIA HALL AKEMAN STREET TRING HERTFORDSHIRE.

      The convention is spread out across 3 halls!

      We have Hot/Cold food all day.

      A Bar!

      About Victoria Hall : Victoria Hall was built on the site of "The Assembly
      Rooms" in 1886 as a purpose built dance hall. The architect Mr William Huckvale
      designed it in the Italian Renaissance style. Victoria Hall is situated in the
      town centre of Tring, close to the main car parks

      About Tring: Tring is a picturesque market town in the county of
      Hertfordshire in England.

      Transport :

      Train : Tring Station - Silverlink - Tring is approx 40 Mins from London
      Euston.

      Car : Tring is about 15 Mins from Junction 20 M25

      There are several Car Parks in very close proximity to Victoria Hall.