      Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:22:26 -0400
      From: Butch Rosenbalm
      Subject: Deadlands and Deadlands Reloaded

      Howdy and welcome to the DL,
      I would suggest the following books: Rascals Varmits and Critters and RVC
      2, Hexaracana and then maybe Law Dogs. Then the more specialty books for
      ideas and "specialty classes". Meaning the Men In Black Dusters for Agency,
      Lone Stars for Texas Rangers. Hexarcana adds lots of "spells" for Blessed
      and Shamans and Hucksters. Depending on how you are planning your game, you
      might consider it first. RVC is the book for monsters and such, the "monster
      manual" if you come from D&D. I personally like RVC 2 better for the
      individuals whom are in it. (you'll have to see so I don't spoil).
      I've heard different things for DL Reloaded. I think it's going to answer
      some long held questions, probably have some new rules and what not. But on
      this, I could be wrong. Again, if you come from old D&D, think Unearthed
      Arcana.

      Marshall Rosenbalm