Re: from the project bench: hopper toppers!

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2008
      Just as a slight correction to Randall's Hopper Topper story I
      wanted to point out that they weren't a "failure"... they were
      really only meant as a temporary solution to handle the record grain
      harvests of the late 1970's. It was cheaper to clean out surplus
      coal hoppers and put fiberglass tops on them than to buy new covered
      hoppers. Adam
      A.

      --- In DaytonNDPendentNScale@yahoogroups.com, "Randall L. Smith"