Re: Falcon Ridge Dave Carter Song Circle - Recording Available

  • Cernowain Greenman
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
      Fred,

      Thank you for another year of recording the songs and providing the files
      for us. It allows those of us who cannot make it to FRFF to be able to
      "sit it" and listen to the song circle. I look forward to this every year.

      Cern

      --
      **
      *Take my love, take my land*

    • Cernowain Greenman
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
        Beth,

        Thank you for posting the songs and the performers. I enjoy knowing who is
        singing and playing.

        I think there was also one other on the recording, you performing "Lancelot
        Said".

        Thank you for leading the song circle and keeping Dave's memory and songs
        alive.

        Cern

        --
        **

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2012
          I want to offer my thanks to Beth for hosting the 10th anniversary Dave Carter song circle at Falcon Ridge last month, and to Fred for making the recordings available to us.

          Thanks also to Beth for providing a list of the performers for each of the songs.

          I have a question or two and one correction.

          I did not find tracks for the following. Is that because the recording started after these were done, or did I miss something?

          Happytown (Beth DeSombre)

          The Mountain (Boxcar Lilies)

          God's Poet Now [song written for Dave] (Erik Balkey)

          The version of The Mountain that was on the recording I received was performed by Erik Balkey and Annie Donahue, who perform as a duo called the Copper Ponies. We are hosting them at our house concert series in November.

          There wasn't a performer listed for Lancelot, but it sounded like Beth. Please confirm.

          Also, is there a last name for Jen, and who was the other singer on 236-6132 with Becca Derry?

          And finally thanks to all the performers for carrying forward the legacy of Dave Carter.

          Ken Yavit & Donna Ryder
          Glenside House Concerts
          Glenside, PA
          215-572-7715