Re: [Dave-and-Tracy] Falcon Ridge Dave Carter Song Circle - Recording Available

  • Scott Price
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2012
      On 8/2/2012 7:17 AM, fpellert wrote:
      "I have uploaded the recording of last Saturday night's Dave Carter Song
      Circle"

      I've been lurking on this list since Dave was still alive and I believe
      this is my first post. I was thrilled that Fred made the song circle
      recording available and I had the opportunity to listen to these moving
      renditions of so many Dave Carter songs by his admirers. The love of
      Dave's songs (and Tracy's influences) is evident on each track and it's
      very special to be able to listen to these interpretations while imaging
      how much fun it must have been to be in the company of others who so
      appreciate the songs Dave left behind.

      Thanks to all the performers, thanks to the taper, thanks to the
      uploader, and thanks to Dave and Tracy.

      Back to lurkdom for another decade or so,

      Scott
    • Cernowain Greenman
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
        Fred,

        Thank you for another year of recording the songs and providing the files
        for us. It allows those of us who cannot make it to FRFF to be able to
        "sit it" and listen to the song circle. I look forward to this every year.

        Cern

        --
        **
        *Take my love, take my land*

      • Cernowain Greenman
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
          Beth,

          Thank you for posting the songs and the performers. I enjoy knowing who is
          singing and playing.

          I think there was also one other on the recording, you performing "Lancelot
          Said".

          Thank you for leading the song circle and keeping Dave's memory and songs
          alive.

          Cern

          --
          **

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 17, 2012
            I want to offer my thanks to Beth for hosting the 10th anniversary Dave Carter song circle at Falcon Ridge last month, and to Fred for making the recordings available to us.

            Thanks also to Beth for providing a list of the performers for each of the songs.

            I have a question or two and one correction.

            I did not find tracks for the following. Is that because the recording started after these were done, or did I miss something?

            Happytown (Beth DeSombre)

            The Mountain (Boxcar Lilies)

            God's Poet Now [song written for Dave] (Erik Balkey)

            The version of The Mountain that was on the recording I received was performed by Erik Balkey and Annie Donahue, who perform as a duo called the Copper Ponies. We are hosting them at our house concert series in November.

            There wasn't a performer listed for Lancelot, but it sounded like Beth. Please confirm.

            Also, is there a last name for Jen, and who was the other singer on 236-6132 with Becca Derry?

            And finally thanks to all the performers for carrying forward the legacy of Dave Carter.

            Ken Yavit & Donna Ryder
            Glenside House Concerts
            Glenside, PA
            215-572-7715