Re: [Dave-and-Tracy] Falcon Ridge Dave Carter Song Circle - Recording Available

  • Beth DeSombre
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2012
      Thanks so much to Fred for recording!

      And if you want the key to who sang what when (although the recording
      didn't get the first few songs), here 'tis:

      Dave Carter Song Circle Falcon Ridge 2012

      Happytown (Beth DeSombre)

      The Mountain (Boxcar Lilies)

      God�s Poet Now [song written for Dave] (Erik Balkey)

      Preston Miller (John Hamilton)

      Crocodile Man (Laura Joy)

      Red (Beth DeSombre)

      Sweet Kate (Phil Knudsen and Katie Clarke)

      The Mountain (Erik Balkey and ??)

      Mother I Climbed (John Hamilton)

      Farewell to Bitterroot Valley (Emily Peduto)

      Merlin�s Lament (Jen)

      When I Go (Beth DeSombre

      Gunmental Eyes (John Hamilton)

      Snake Handling Man (Charles Nolan)

      Ordinary Town (Emily Peduto)

      Any way I Do (John Hamilton and Jen)

      236-6132 (Becca Derry and ??)

      Frank to Valentino (Charles Nolan)

      Till We Have Faces (Emily Peduto)

      Elvis Presley (John Hamilton)

      Gentle Arms of Eden (all)

      Beth

      Beth DeSombre
      www.bethdesombre.com

    • Scott Price
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2012
        On 8/2/2012 7:17 AM, fpellert wrote:
        "I have uploaded the recording of last Saturday night's Dave Carter Song
        Circle"

        I've been lurking on this list since Dave was still alive and I believe
        this is my first post. I was thrilled that Fred made the song circle
        recording available and I had the opportunity to listen to these moving
        renditions of so many Dave Carter songs by his admirers. The love of
        Dave's songs (and Tracy's influences) is evident on each track and it's
        very special to be able to listen to these interpretations while imaging
        how much fun it must have been to be in the company of others who so
        appreciate the songs Dave left behind.

        Thanks to all the performers, thanks to the taper, thanks to the
        uploader, and thanks to Dave and Tracy.

        Back to lurkdom for another decade or so,

        Scott
      • Cernowain Greenman
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
          Fred,

          Thank you for another year of recording the songs and providing the files
          for us. It allows those of us who cannot make it to FRFF to be able to
          "sit it" and listen to the song circle. I look forward to this every year.

          Cern

          --
          **
          *Take my love, take my land*

        • Cernowain Greenman
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
            Beth,

            Thank you for posting the songs and the performers. I enjoy knowing who is
            singing and playing.

            I think there was also one other on the recording, you performing "Lancelot
            Said".

            Thank you for leading the song circle and keeping Dave's memory and songs
            alive.

            Cern

            --
            **

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 17, 2012
              I want to offer my thanks to Beth for hosting the 10th anniversary Dave Carter song circle at Falcon Ridge last month, and to Fred for making the recordings available to us.

              Thanks also to Beth for providing a list of the performers for each of the songs.

              I have a question or two and one correction.

              I did not find tracks for the following. Is that because the recording started after these were done, or did I miss something?

              Happytown (Beth DeSombre)

              The Mountain (Boxcar Lilies)

              God's Poet Now [song written for Dave] (Erik Balkey)

              The version of The Mountain that was on the recording I received was performed by Erik Balkey and Annie Donahue, who perform as a duo called the Copper Ponies. We are hosting them at our house concert series in November.

              There wasn't a performer listed for Lancelot, but it sounded like Beth. Please confirm.

              Also, is there a last name for Jen, and who was the other singer on 236-6132 with Becca Derry?

              And finally thanks to all the performers for carrying forward the legacy of Dave Carter.

              Ken Yavit & Donna Ryder
              Glenside House Concerts
              Glenside, PA
              215-572-7715