Falcon Ridge Dave Carter Song Circle - Recording Available

  • fpellert
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2012
      I have uploaded the recording of last Saturday night's Dave Carter Song Circle to WeTransfer.com. I uploaded it both as 16 bit/44.1KHz wav files (burnable to CDR) and also as FLAC files (which are about 1/2 the size and are decodable to wav files using the free software Trader's Little Helper. Note: Some versions of Nero will burn FLAC files directly to a playable CDR). Here are the links:

      Wav files: http://wtrns.fr/NAIe737W3lOBN-d

      FLAC Files: http://wtrns.fr/cMT7ZsAB447E83Q

      PLEASE NOTE THAT WETRANSFER.COM ONLY KEEPS THESE FILES FOR 14 DAYS FROM TODAY. THEY WILL EXPIRE ON AUGUST 16.

      Fred Ellert
    • Beth DeSombre
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2012
        Thanks so much to Fred for recording!

        And if you want the key to who sang what when (although the recording
        didn't get the first few songs), here 'tis:

        Dave Carter Song Circle Falcon Ridge 2012

        Happytown (Beth DeSombre)

        The Mountain (Boxcar Lilies)

        God�s Poet Now [song written for Dave] (Erik Balkey)

        Preston Miller (John Hamilton)

        Crocodile Man (Laura Joy)

        Red (Beth DeSombre)

        Sweet Kate (Phil Knudsen and Katie Clarke)

        The Mountain (Erik Balkey and ??)

        Mother I Climbed (John Hamilton)

        Farewell to Bitterroot Valley (Emily Peduto)

        Merlin�s Lament (Jen)

        When I Go (Beth DeSombre

        Gunmental Eyes (John Hamilton)

        Snake Handling Man (Charles Nolan)

        Ordinary Town (Emily Peduto)

        Any way I Do (John Hamilton and Jen)

        236-6132 (Becca Derry and ??)

        Frank to Valentino (Charles Nolan)

        Till We Have Faces (Emily Peduto)

        Elvis Presley (John Hamilton)

        Gentle Arms of Eden (all)

        Beth

        Beth DeSombre
        www.bethdesombre.com

      • Scott Price
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2012
          On 8/2/2012 7:17 AM, fpellert wrote:
          "I have uploaded the recording of last Saturday night's Dave Carter Song
          Circle"

          I've been lurking on this list since Dave was still alive and I believe
          this is my first post. I was thrilled that Fred made the song circle
          recording available and I had the opportunity to listen to these moving
          renditions of so many Dave Carter songs by his admirers. The love of
          Dave's songs (and Tracy's influences) is evident on each track and it's
          very special to be able to listen to these interpretations while imaging
          how much fun it must have been to be in the company of others who so
          appreciate the songs Dave left behind.

          Thanks to all the performers, thanks to the taper, thanks to the
          uploader, and thanks to Dave and Tracy.

          Back to lurkdom for another decade or so,

          Scott
        • Cernowain Greenman
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
            Fred,

            Thank you for another year of recording the songs and providing the files
            for us. It allows those of us who cannot make it to FRFF to be able to
            "sit it" and listen to the song circle. I look forward to this every year.

            Cern

            --
            **
            *Take my love, take my land*

          • Cernowain Greenman
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
              Beth,

              Thank you for posting the songs and the performers. I enjoy knowing who is
              singing and playing.

              I think there was also one other on the recording, you performing "Lancelot
              Said".

              Thank you for leading the song circle and keeping Dave's memory and songs
              alive.

              Cern

              --
              **

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 17, 2012
                I want to offer my thanks to Beth for hosting the 10th anniversary Dave Carter song circle at Falcon Ridge last month, and to Fred for making the recordings available to us.

                Thanks also to Beth for providing a list of the performers for each of the songs.

                I have a question or two and one correction.

                I did not find tracks for the following. Is that because the recording started after these were done, or did I miss something?

                Happytown (Beth DeSombre)

                The Mountain (Boxcar Lilies)

                God's Poet Now [song written for Dave] (Erik Balkey)

                The version of The Mountain that was on the recording I received was performed by Erik Balkey and Annie Donahue, who perform as a duo called the Copper Ponies. We are hosting them at our house concert series in November.

                There wasn't a performer listed for Lancelot, but it sounded like Beth. Please confirm.

                Also, is there a last name for Jen, and who was the other singer on 236-6132 with Becca Derry?

                And finally thanks to all the performers for carrying forward the legacy of Dave Carter.

                Ken Yavit & Donna Ryder
                Glenside House Concerts
                Glenside, PA
                215-572-7715