RE: [Dave-and-Tracy] Re: Happy Birthday to Dave

  • Elise Fischer
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 20, 2011
      David didn't sing in the church choir, nor did he have a kick-ass Walmart tie, but the song paints an interesting picture of the culture in which we were raised.

      To: Dave-and-Tracy@yahoogroups.com
      From: nbretvick@...
      Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:21:47 +0000
      Subject: [Dave-and-Tracy] Re: Happy Birthday to Dave

      --- In Dave-and-Tracy@yahoogroups.com, Linda Silas <lsilas@...> wrote:
      I love and perform many of Dave's songs, but when I think of Dave himself and his journey, I go to "Ordinary Town" an then to "Phantom Doll," the last song he finished.

      > Linda

      "Phantom Doll" certainly was an interesting twist in direction as far as song styles are concerned. It would have been interesting to hear where his songwriting would lead us.

      Does "Ordinary Town" have biographical elements about Dave to it? For example did he sing in the church choir at age 16, have a kick-ass Wal Mart, tie, etc.?