Fellow Singature Sounds artists #1 Folk in 2010

  • cernowain9
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2010
      I noticed one of Tracy Grammer's album-mates, "Crooked Still" gained
      some recognition this year.

      Their album "Some Strange Country" was ranked as #1 on Kim Reult's
      About.com Best Folk Album of 2010. Congrats to them. They are
      definitely worth taking an earful or two.

      blessed be.

      Cern
    • Neil
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2010
        Terrific young group, all very talented musicians. I was fortunate to see them do a free show less than 2 miles from my house in the summer of 2009 at St Edwards State Park (I was able to walk my dog to the show!), shortly before seeing Tracy at the Fremont Abbey show in Seattle later that summer. I mentioned them to Tracy at that show, and she commented on the violinist as being particularly good. I thought the guy who played banjo (Greg?) was exceptional. I bought their live CD at the show. Nice for them to be recognized.

        By the way, as I recall, Kim Ruehl opened for Tracy at that Fremont Abbey show. Maybe someone else who was there can confirm this.

        Happy New Year!
        Neil