New Bedford Summerfest

  • bronxbrody
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2009
      In a workshop named 'classiest songs I know' Bob Franke said some pretty wonderful things about Dave. He compared his writing to Shakespeare in there is so much imagery in Dave's songs that even after listening a number of times you would still uncover new meanings and he encouraged people to do that. He also compared his writing to Bob Dylan but said something like, "Unlike Dylan, with Dave's music, you get the impression that he would've actually liked you." He then called Cowboy Singer the most complete folk song he's ever heard and then proceeded to sing it. Antje was in the workshop too and I wondered if she would join in the chorus. But the man didn't seem the type to be okay with that. Great to hear Dave's name and to see that he hasn't been forgotten by his fellow musicians.
      Janet