Dave's in good company

  • bronxbrody
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2009
      Came across this in my email that I get from Woodsongs. They have pretty good archives too. I believe Dave and Tracy are in the archives too but I think it's only audio. The website is www.woodsongs.com. Good to see that Dave hasn't been forgotton. I think maybe I'll check out Danny Schmidt's website, give him a listen.
      Janet

      1] DANNY SCHMIDT is a writer's writer based out of Austin, Texas, with a lyrical depth drawing comparisons to Leonard Cohen, Townes Van Zandt, and Dave Carter. Upon winning the prestigious Kerrville New Folk award in 2007, Sing Out Magazine tagged Schmidt "the best new songwriter we've heard in 15 years." Just one man sitting alone on stage with his acoustic guitar and his poetry, in the timeless troubadour tradition, his musical influences draw from deeply-rooted Appalachian mountain gospel to haunted English balladry, from syncopated Piedmont country blues to vagabond 60's protest folk-stumpery. But it all boils down to just great songwriting, in a singular style all his own. www.dannyschmidt.com