Dave & Tracy Performance Video of When I Go

  • Jason Daniel Crowson
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007
      I thought you folks might like to watch this video recorded by Oregon
      Public Broadcasting.

      happy viewing.

      http://www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/videos/view/6
    • nbretvick
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007
        --- In Dave-and-Tracy@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Daniel Crowson"
        <jasondcrowson@...> wrote:

        > I thought you folks might like to watch this video recorded by Oregon
        > Public Broadcasting.
        >
        > happy viewing.
        >
        > http://www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/videos/view/6

        Thanks, Jason. As someone who never saw Dave perform I really
        appreciate it.
        Neil
      • martlet530
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007
          --- In Dave-and-Tracy@yahoogroups.com, "nbretvick" <nbretvick@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In Dave-and-Tracy@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Daniel Crowson"
          > <jasondcrowson@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I thought you folks might like to watch this video recorded by
          Oregon
          > > Public Broadcasting.
          > >
          > > happy viewing.
          > >
          > > http://www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/videos/view/6
          >

          > Thanks, Jason. As someone who never saw Dave perform I really
          > appreciate it.
          > Neil

          Very interesting that the sound of this performance is so very close
          to the recording - or at least that's how it strikes me. I continue
          to enjoy it no matter how many times I hear it.

          SO - my question for anyone who knows - this must have been one of
          the songs people always wanted to hear in concert - did D&T ever vary
          it's delivery?

          What a masterpiece.

          Cheers

          Scott

          Lilburn, Georgia USA
        • Beth DeSombre
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007
            Dave-and-Tracy@yahoogroups.com on Thursday, April 5, 2007 at 9:42 PM -0500
            wrote:
            >SO - my question for anyone who knows - this must have been one of
            >the songs people always wanted to hear in concert - did D&T ever vary
            >it's delivery?

            Dave played it sometimes on guitar instead of banjo. . .

            Beth
          • Em
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 11, 2007
              "Jason Daniel Crowson" <jasondcrowson@...> wrote:

              > I thought you folks might like to watch this video recorded by Oregon
              > Public Broadcasting.

              thank you so much for that!
              It was precious to me, as that's the only time I've seen Dave "move". Had only seen still
              shots of him before.

              Dreamed about Dave 2 nights ago. He was talking and rapping like in an interview maybe
              - and was very energized and smiling.
              And for some reason I was supposed to look in his eye. But not just IN his eye...but close
              closer closest like zooming in on the very inside corner of (I think) his left eye. Where the
              pink and the white and then the skin of his face all come together. And I had to look closer
              and closer just at this juncture of flesh. Like I was supposed to see *something* or find
              something of importance.

              Kind like the zoom shot of the sand in teeth thing in "41 Thunderer". One becomes a
              microscope or zoom lense. Or at least some real strong "readers". (reading glasses)

              thanks again for the video, and for letting me share.
              I just can't explain the degree to which Dave has permeated my brain/thoughts/
              consciousness these last couple of years.
              Its been like lube for my cogs.
              90 weight!

              Em
            • nbretvick
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 11, 2007
                --- In Dave-and-Tracy@yahoogroups.com, "Em" <emzdogz@...> wrote:
                > Dreamed about Dave 2 nights ago. He was talking and rapping like in
                an interview maybe
                > - and was very energized and smiling.

                Em it is funny you should mention this. A few years ago I too had a
                dream and Dave was in it, at a social gathering, and my youngest
                daughter was talking animatedly to him in a crowded room. But just as
                you described it, he was smiling broadly, and listening intently to
                what she was saying. I never met Dave either so I gather his music
                may have somehow shaped my perceptions of him. That image has stuck
                with me, too, and sometimes makes me think of the final verse in "The
                Power and Glory".
                Neil
              • Em
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 13, 2007
                  --- In Dave-and-Tracy@yahoogroups.com, "nbretvick" <nbretvick@...> wrote:

                  > That image has stuck
                  > with me, too, and sometimes makes me think of the final verse in "The
                  > Power and Glory".

                  Hi Neil, ok now I have to go check out that verse!
                  :)
                  Em
                • Jason Daniel Crowson
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 18, 2007
                    I was happy to be able to find this recording, as I searched long and
                    hard for some type of video with him in it. I too never saw him
                    perform before this clip.

                    Glad I could help you folks!

                    Jason