gerry-rigged trip to Sisters?

  • Sofia Echegaray
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
      Hello --

      I was wondering, do any of y'all have recommendations on how a broke-ass
      public-transportation-dependent woman might get to Sisters from Seattle? I
      would have to leave Seattle friday afternoon at the earliest. Is there a
      contingent of folks leaving on Saturday morning from Portland?

      If not, that's totally ok...I'm just trying to see if there's some
      solution I hadn't thought of before I write it off as "hey, I love to
      schlep, but this is ridiculous."

      :-)

      Grazie,

      Sofia

      Sofia Echegaray
      ~Hard to Pronounce~
      ~Easy to Love~
      www.sonicbids.com/sofia

      >From: tdub55@...
      >To: Dave-and-Tracy@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Dave-and-Tracy] Re: Sisters Folk Fest and broken links--does
      >anyone have backup recordings?
      >Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:05:18 +0000
      >
      >Several listers have camped at Cold Spring campground. (Not to be confused
      >with Cold Springs RV Park) The campground is about 3 miles west of town.
      >
      >To reach Cold Springs take Highway 242 (Old McKenzie Highway) located at
      >the west end of Sisters. This is a more isolated camping experience out in
      >the pine forest. No electricity there, but fine camps.
      >
      >Forays up the Old McKenzie Highway lead to hiking trails, lakes and
      >magnificent mountain vistas. Don't miss the Dee Wright Observatory at the
      >summit (5,267 feet). Walk the paved lava trail adjacent to the observatory.
      >
      >I don't think they take reservations for Cold Springs, but when I pulled in
      >there on a Friday morning on a previous fest, it was 3/4 empty.
      >
      >tw

    • Pam Calegari
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
        Sofia Echegaray <nausikaa314@...> wrote: I would have to leave Seattle Friday afternoon at the earliest. Is there a contingent of folks leaving on Saturday morning from Portland?

        Being that Tracy performs Friday night at 7 p.m. and then again Saturday morning at 10 a.m, after wards she will be judging the Dave Carter Memorial Songwriting Contest from noon - 1:15 p.m , I think that probably most of everyone on this list that are going, will be there by Friday early evening. But maybe there will be some stragglers!

        I noticed that there was a greyhound from Portland to Sisters on Saturday morning, but it leaves at 7:15 a.m. and gets in
        at 12:40 p.m - meaning you'd be missing both shows . . .

        I hope you get there, Sofia!!

        Pam

      • Sofia Echegaray
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
          Thanks for the update, Pam...good point about people being there by early
          Saturday..

          I was going to see Tracy today at Gig Harbor, but had the Cough of Doom, and
          so stayed home. Why is it that I always seem to be able to make a show when
          it's far away, but not close? ;-)

          Well, I *have* seen Tracy several times...I'll keep looking at public
          transport options, though. Thanks!

          Sofia

          Sofia Echegaray
          ~Hard to Pronounce~
          ~Easy to Love~
          www.sonicbids.com/sofia

          >From: Pam Calegari <oregonfenix@...>
          >To: Dave-and-Tracy@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Dave-and-Tracy] gerry-rigged trip to Sisters?
          >Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 13:46:38 -0700 (PDT)
          >
          >Sofia Echegaray <nausikaa314@...> wrote: I would have to leave
          >Seattle Friday afternoon at the earliest. Is there a contingent of folks
          >leaving on Saturday morning from Portland?
          >

          >Being that Tracy performs Friday night at 7 p.m. and then again Saturday
          >morning at 10 a.m, after wards she will be judging the Dave Carter Memorial
          >Songwriting Contest from noon - 1:15 p.m , I think that probably most of
          >everyone on this list that are going, will be there by Friday early
          >evening. But maybe there will be some stragglers!
          >
          >I noticed that there was a greyhound from Portland to Sisters on Saturday
          >morning, but it leaves at 7:15 a.m. and gets in
          >at 12:40 p.m - meaning you'd be missing both shows . . .
          >
          >I hope you get there, Sofia!!
          >
          >Pam

        • Julie Samudio
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
            Speaking of which, are YOU going to be able to be there, Pam? Who
            else from the list, and how do we find each other (if you weren't at the
            big song circle last month in Portland)?

            Mike and I will be there, AND our friend has volunteered to babysit, so
            we could actually do a little playing in with song circles and such.

            -Julie