Is it cool to record Tracy and Jim's shows?

  • Mike Buchman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
      I was blown away by my first show in Seattle last month and already
      have plans to catch Vancouver in Feb. (my wife's b-day!). How does
      Tracy feel about home-use only recording of live shows (minidisc with
      non-professional mics)?

      Thanks,

      Mike
    • tdub55@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
        There is no problem with audience recording at Tracy's shows for home listening as long as mic hardware, etc does not the block sight-lines or distract any other listeners. And no soundboard patches.

        In rare cases, despite the fact the artist approves, venues sometimes have a blanket "no taping" policy. But usually, as long as you are discrete and courteous, no problem. And it never hurts to ask the artist or venue manager beforehand.

        Glad you are enjoying the shows!

        tw

        > I was blown away by my first show in Seattle last month and already
        > have plans to catch Vancouver in Feb. (my wife's b-day!). How does
        > Tracy feel about home-use only recording of live shows (minidisc with
        > non-professional mics)?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Mike
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links