Dave Carter National Convention

  • Pam Calegari
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      Elizabeth de Veer wrote:

      Someday, let's have a DCNC: the Dave Carter National Convention. There would be concerts and song circles at night, and during the day, there could be poetry workshops, Buddhist meditation workshops, nature walks, (star gazing at night), instruction on
      how to drive 16 wheelers, discussions on Jungian psychology and Joseph Campbell. A math tent.

      Beth ~ your vision is pure genius . . . I've always wanted to drive an 16-wheeler! Dave Carter Way at FRFF is just the beginning. Knowing this group of amazing people (ie; The Vermont) taking a wish and making it a reality is a piece of cake.

      Until the Convention convenes, we can find continued inspiration by celebrating a life fully lived by continuing the festival tribute circles and his birthday and memorial gatherings.

      One of my visions is maybe seeing some of the more famous folk venues in the country taking on the Dave Carter Memorial Fund in their locale, which could then support the same just causes in their areas as the fund does here in the Portland, Oregon area.

      Pam
      aka: crazy cantaloupe carter