From the sidewalk to the sand.

  • Rongrittz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 3:30 AM
      Let me apologize in advance for using the list for a totally self-serving
      purpose -- as well as for cross-posting this message on another list or two --
      but I'm hoping that the circumstances will allow me this one breach of
      netiquette.

      As several of you who know me are aware, I will soon be leaving the great
      state of New Jersey -- the land of big hair, Tony Soprano, Bloomfield (bless my
      soul), "down the shore," and eastern terminus of Highway 80 (she's a mighty
      good road) -- for "the Califo-line," as Dave would say. Specifically, San Diego
      -- the land of mountains, desert, surfing, practically no folk scene, pizza
      with (yecch) avocado, 80 degrees with no humidity, and the current season of
      MTV's "The Real World." I'm making the move for both personal and professional
      reasons, and the way I figure it, there are worse places I could be going
      (although New Jersey is and will always be my home, my only home).

      Anyway, I was thinking that a nice way to say goodbye to my folkie pals in
      the NJ/NY area would be to offer up one last RG musical performance, honoring
      the songwriters we all love (mostly Dave & Tracy and Richard Shindell), but I
      guarantee at least one song each by Mark Erelli, Lucy Kaplansky, Patty Griffin,
      Gillian Welch, Darryl Purpose, Dar Williams, Lynn Miles, Lori McKenna, and
      Julie Miller. And just to show that Great Mimes Think Alike, our good buddies
      Gene and Isabel Frey were thinking the same thing, and have kindly offered up
      their home for a house concert, where I had the great pleasure of opening for
      We're About 9 back in February. We're calling it the "RG 'Farewell to East
      Coast' East Coast Farewell Tour" show.

      Date: Saturday, June 26
      Time: 2pm
      Address: 16 Court Street, Merrick, NY 11566
      Directions: http://members.aol.com/rongrittz/directions.htm

      Please RSVP to Gene and Isabel at courthouseconcerts@..., and I would
      be honored to see some of you there.

      Your pal,