Tanglewood Tree Video

  • Steve Robertson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1 5:29 AM
      I'm always on the lookout for good streaming audio or video. Yesterday,
      I ran across a site called "Live from Texas." They have a video of Dave
      and Tracy from the 2000 Cottonwood Festival singing "Tanglewood Tree."
      Just one stationary camera, but the broadband version is very good
      quality for both the audio and the video. Much better than the average
      streaming video on the web.

      Steve Robertson
      Publisher of
      Fiddlin' Around
      http://www.starchart.com/FidA/fida.html
    • Elizabeth de Veer
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1 9:21 AM
        Hi everyone,
        I looked this one up, it's a really nice video. You can see it here:
        http://www.livefromtexas.com/Shows/Cottonwood-2000/tanglewoodtree250.htm

        At the end of the song on the video, Dave does the same whisperey thing that
        you hear a little bit in the recorded version. Does anybody know what he is
        saying or what it means?

        It's so nice to see this video of Dave and Tracy. Tracy is getting blown
        around but she keeps her fiddle and her composure in tact. Dave is Dave.
        "This song is about love." It's just nice to see him for a moment in the
        middle of a Monday.

        best wishes to everyone,
        Elizabeth de Veer

        I'm always on the lookout for good streaming audio or video. Yesterday,
        I ran across a site called "Live from Texas." They have a video of Dave
        and Tracy from the 2000 Cottonwood Festival singing "Tanglewood Tree."
        Just one stationary camera, but the broadband version is very good
        quality for both the audio and the video. Much better than the average
        streaming video on the web.

        Steve Robertson
        Publisher of
        Fiddlin' Around
        http://www.starchart.com/FidA/fida.html

        Need a shot of Hank Williams or Patsy Cline? The classic country stars are
        always singing on MSN Radio Plus. Try one month free!
      • Rongrittz@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1 9:50 AM
          From Arthur Wood's March 2000 interview with Dave & Tracy . . .

          Arthur: And then you speak a few lines at the end of the track:

          Dave: I'll just tell you what that is. Those are two quotes from Jimi Hendrix. One is "six turned out to be nine. I don't mind. I don't mind." And the other one is, "Who in your measly little world are you trying to prove that you're made out of gold and it just can't be so."

          RG
        • Greg Pool
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2 12:11 PM
            --- In Dave-and-Tracy@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth de Veer"
            <rashani29@h...> wrote:
            > I looked this one up, it's a really nice video. You can see it here:
            > http://www.livefromtexas.com/Shows/Cottonwood-
            2000/tanglewoodtree250.htm

            Wonderful, and thanks for link!

            I was in Rasputin's Records (Berkeley CA) this weekend and found
            the "Tanglewood Tree" album in amongst the Country used CD bin. I
            moved it back over to the Blues/Folk bin, to help raise my karma.

            I could have left it, but it just didn't look as good next to Garth,
            Trisha, and Toby as it did next to Annie Gallup and Catie Curtis.

            Greg
            Monterey CA