Espresso Garden Show

  • Greg Kilfoyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hi Everyone,

      Since the last show the owners have done a few upgrades: new sound
      board, new tables and more comfortable chairs. Why do I mention this? I
      hate being distracted by getting a sore butt during the show - not this
      time.

      Sorry if I'm repeating things but I haven't been following this group
      for a while.

      Tracy looked much more at ease with life for this show than last time. I
      still think it takes great courage to get up there and play Dave's music
      given the events of the last 18 months.

      Tracy's voice was as good as I can remember - rich, warm, moving. For
      much of the show I was mesmerised. The evening was extra special for
      Tracy as her father and brother had come down for the show.

      It appears lugging around a double bass did not cut it as Donny's moved
      to an electric.

      I was really pleased that Tracy has added When I Go to the show. This is
      probably my favorite D&T song. Tracy has added her own interpretation of
      the main vocal which I really enjoyed. On the instrumental side I really
      love Tracy's violin (fiddle?) work on Raven - puts a fire in your belly.

      Story telling has always been an important part of D&T shows and Tracy
      doesn't let us down. Apart from being great entertainment we get new
      insight into D&Ts past. I think this is part of makes us feel so close
      to D&T - they have opened their hearts and souls to us all.

      I look forward to a new album coming out...sometime next year I assume.

      Cheers, Greg.
      --
      Greg Kilfoyle <greg@...>
    • Chris Huey
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
        At 11/1/03 10:33 AM, you wrote:

        [snip]
        >It appears lugging around a double bass did not cut it as Donny's moved
        >to an electric.

        I didn't think that Donny played a double bass, When I saw them up
        at Sister's it looked like a 1/4 size bass. Indeed I overheard
        someone after the show asking Donny if it was a cello. It's not.
        But it did look kinda odd sitting 2 feet off the floor on that
        long foot peg.

        Chris - patiently waiting for November 15th - just hurry up and get here!