Re: [Dave-and-Tracy] (unknown)

  • John Porterfield
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 23, 2002
      Listers--

      I have no experience in video editing, but it would be wonderful to make a
      video tribute to Dave, with pictures and music in the background...

      John

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 24, 2002
        --- John Porterfield <porterfield@...> wrote:
        > Listers--
        >
        > I have no experience in video editing, but it would
        > be wonderful to make a
        > video tribute to Dave, with pictures and music in
        > the background...
        >
        > John

        We do some digital video and audio work in our design
        business so I am equipped to undertake such a project
        gratis and would gladly do so if that what it takes to
        have something in the way of a rememberance and better
        yet something available to PBS or other outlets that
        may be interested in profiling his life and body of
        work.

        Tracy would have to authorize the collection of what
        ever material exists and then we'd have to sit down
        and see what we can do with it.

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • John Porterfield
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 25, 2002
          Dale--

          Where do we begin?

          John

        • Elizabeth_McCabe@mykrolis.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 7 9:07 AM
            Would you please tell us "his(Dave's) intended meaning of River Where She Sleeps" please?

            Thanks - Beth

          • glcamarcia
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 7 9:43 AM
              Well, we kind of thought that Mary Jane decided to take a dip in the river where she sleeps and then went to sleep
              permanently,
              maybe even on purpose. That seemed to be borne out by several lines in the last verse: "When the sun refuse to
              shine, she don't
              mind, she just leave this world behind," and "me I'm walking all alone, feeling soulful to the bone, till I stop and I hang
              my head and
              weep . . . "). Dave seemed thoroughly surprised with our interpretation, said no, he just meant that in her free-spirted
              way, she had
              moved on, and the guy in the song realized he had lost such an interesting and wonderful person in his life.

              --- In Dave-and-Tracy@y..., Elizabeth_McCabe@m... wrote:
              > Would you please tell us "his(Dave's) intended meaning of River Where She Sleeps" please?
              >
              > Thanks - Beth

            • Fran Rosenberg
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 7 10:07 AM
                I always assumed the interpretation you ascribe to Dave. But I never did
                agree with him about Kate. <G> Probably comes from having a 30 year
                marriage or something.

                Fran

              • paulchiu88@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 29, 2003
                  In a message dated 10/29/2003 6:00:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
                  Rongrittz@... writes:

                  > So, has anyone been going to the recent Tracy shows? Any reviews?
                  > Any surprises? Any new songs? Is she doing any Black Sabbath
                  > covers? I'd imagine that out of the almost 500 people on the list,
                  > we'd have some reviews. Come on, folks, inquiring mimes want to know!
                  >
                  > Thankee kindly.
                  >
                  > RG

                  Yo, Ron,
                  Saw Tracy and Donnie at the Freight and Salvage in Bezerkley last night.
                  (10/28)
                  Sort of homecoming for Tracy since she lived here for 10+ years. Venue
                  was about half full (therefore, about 100). :-( Same set list as Sunday's
                  Anaheim show (as reported by Steve) except for second encore which was the Chip
                  Song
                  (see below). St Dolores the latest addition. Ron, I did beg for "Lord of
                  the Buffalo" but T said she'll save it for San Jose tomorrow (can't wait!!!)
                  which is a sellout.

                  D is now playing an electric (guitar size) bass. That standup had to be
                  cumbersome to cart around. Speculated having Zack and/or Jim H
                  play with Tracy and Donnie sometime.

                  Paul C in Fremont, CA

                  Set 1:
                  Gunmetal Eyes
                  Ordinary Town
                  Crocodile Man
                  Gentle Arms
                  Go Like the Raven
                  Power & Glory
                  Love the Magician
                  Hey Ho

                  Set 2:
                  Evangeline
                  When I Go
                  Fiddler's Rim
                  Happy Town
                  Winter When He Goes
                  Hard to Make It
                  The Mountain
                  Gentle Soldier
                  Encores:
                  Farewell to St. Dolores
                  Chip Song

                • Janet Lenore
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 30, 2003
                    Hi all -

                    Sat next to Paul for Tracy's Freight and Salvage show in Berkeley the other night. They put on a fine show but was a bit tough for me, as I was that night trying to weather last minute news that my boyfriend was losing his job so we'd have to suddenly halt our house-buying process. That plus the fires ravaging the Southland and the prospect of The Governator coming to power makes California a bit stressful place to be these days. So we spent the evening fully entertained by the performance and anecdotes and yet I couldn't help but miss Dave's actual presence here and there.

                    There were several moments when the audience were collectively too stunned by the song and the singing of it to respond with applause right away. The silence seemed to go on for a long time (not a "New York" minute.) This happened after "The Mountain" and another song at least, probably "Gentle Soldier" or "Hey Ho." I know this phenom has been described here before but it was remarkable to experience it.

                    At the Freight on a Tuesday, half full is actually a very respectable crowd, BTW. I was surprised not to see more people in the crowd that I knew. I wish I could join Paul in San Jose tonight (and more of my friends will certainly be there) but I have an important band rehearsal. Will look forward to the next time...

                    take care all
                    - Janet Lenore

                    paulchiu88@... wrote:
                    Yo, Ron,
                    Saw Tracy and Donnie at the Freight and Salvage in Bezerkley last night.
                    (10/28) Venue as about half full (therefore, about 100). :-(
                    - Paul C

                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  • Geoff
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 9, 2012
                      > Am lucky enough to be heading to a Tracy Grammer house concert tonight.
                      > Brian Donnelly

                      Brian,

                      Maybe you can let us know the songs played tonight.

                      best wishes
                      Geoff
                    • Brian Donnelly
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 9, 2012