Dave & Tracy's July Newsletter

  • rongrittz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1 5:42 PM
      Here's the latest from Dave and Tracy . .

      --------------------

      DAVE CARTER & TRACY GRAMMER
      July 2002 Newsletter
      http://www.daveandtracy.com

      In this issue:
      - News
      - July/August Tour Dates
      - D&T stuff

      Hello everyone!
      We hope you are having a glorious summer. Dave and I just returned
      from a 10-day tour of Alaska (amazing!) and we are about to kick off
      our big summer festival tour. We're excited to see y'all again. If
      this is your firstnewsletter, welcome!

      NEWS
      DRUM HAT BUDDHA SONGBOOK AVAILABLE ...REALLY!
      Finally, the DHB songbook is ready for purchase. Order by mail (see
      our website for the order form) or come to a show. Thanks to Andrew
      Calhoun and Claire Bard for inspecting and testing both the DHB and
      Tanglewood Tree songbooks, and thanks of course to Dave for the
      painstaking notation...

      FAN-FRIENDLY D&T PROMOTION SITE UP & RUNNING
      Will Turnage has created an online promotion website for the duo
      where fans can email concert announcements to friends, request D&T
      songs on the radio, and create custom posters to put up around
      school, work, or wherever! Help us spread the word about upcoming
      shows ... stop by the site at http://www.wubbahed.com/daveandtracy/
      (Thank you, Will!)

      NEW T-SHIRT DESIGN IN THE WORKS
      Watch for a new t-shirt design for summer 2002. We hope to have it by
      Falcon Ridge, and will certainly have it by Rocky Mtn. Folks and
      Philly. Design is by Thorin Nielson, who is also working with Will
      Turnage (see above) on a new duo website, scheduled to roll out later
      this summer.

      SONG WITHOUT A NAME NOW HAS ONE
      The search is over: "Mother, I Climbed" is the official title of the
      Mariana song that went for more than a year without a name. Thanks to
      Allen from Kerrville for being the first to suggest this, and thank
      you to audiences nationwide for taking an interest in this song.

      MISSING FRIEND STILL MISSING
      Our #1 fan, Mark Sinnard, is still missing. Bikers, you might want to
      check out Mark's web page at http://www.iamontheroad.com/. Mark was
      last seen at a Harley Davidson rally in Laughlin, Nevada, and you may
      cross paths with him in your travels.

      JULY / AUGUST TOUR DATES
      Please check our website for updates. Schedule is being updated daily.
      http://www.daveandtracy.com
      7/05 Grand Rapids MN, Davies Theatre, 8 pm, 218-326-1234
      7/06 Amherst WI, Amherst Coffee Co., 8 pm, 715-824-2400
      7/11 Pittsburgh PA, Club Cafe, 8 pm, 412-431-4950
      7/12 Oxford NY, Night Eagle, 8 pm, 607-843-7378
      7/13 Huntington NY, Harry Chapin Amphitheater, 8 pm
      7/14 Wayne NJ, Cabin Concerts, 3 & 6 pm, 973-616-0853
      7/16 Larchmont NY, Watercolor Cafe, 8 pm, 914-834-2213
      7/17 Vienna VA, Jammin Java, 8 pm, 703-255-1566
      7/20 Greenfield MA, Green River Festival, 413-773-5463
      7/21 Londonderry NH, The Muse at the Gray Goose, 7:30 pm, 603-437-6085
      7/23 Brattleboro VT, Hooker-Dunham Theater Gallery, 8 pm, 802-254-9276
      7/24 Brattleboro VT, Hooker-Dunham Theater Gallery, 8 pm, 802-254-9276
      7/26 Camden ME, Camden Opera House, 8 pm, 207-667-3618
      7/27-28 Hillsdale NY, Falcon Ridge Folk Festival, main stage Sat
      eve,860-364-0366
      7/30 Newton MA, Arts In The Park-Jackson Homestead, 7:15 pm, 617-552-
      7130
      8/02 Bloomington IN, Buskirk-Chumley Theater (opening for Richie
      Havens), 7
      pm, 812-323-3020
      8/04 Lawrence KS, Unity Church of Lawrence, 7 pm, 785-865-FOLK
      8/12-18 Lyons CO, Rocky Mountain Folks Song School and Festival, main
      stage
      Sat eve, 800-624-2422
      8/24-25 Schwenksville PA, Philadelphia Folk Festival, main stage Sat
      eve,
      215-242-0150

      Looking ahead --
      9/06-Corvallis OR, First Congregational Church
      9/21, Portland OR, Hollywood Theater **ON SALE NOW** 503-
      9/26, Seattle WA, Tractor Tavern
      10/03, Ames IA, M-Shop
      10/12, Somerville MA, Somerville Theater
      NOV- Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, California

      See http://flemingartists.com/td-itin.html for our ever-changing
      schedule.

      DAVE & TRACY STUFF
      All prices include shipping and handling.
      DRUM HAT BUDDHA (2001) cd or songbook - $17 ea
      TANGLEWOOD TREE (2000) cd or songbook - $17 ea
      WHEN I GO (1998) cd - $17; cassette - $11
      You can also buy cds online by visiting these websites:
      http://www.daveandtracy.com http://www.signaturesounds.com

      Checks payable to: Dave Carter & Tracy Grammer
      Mail to: Dave & Tracy Mail Orders, PO Box 13766, Portland OR 97213-076