Re: [Dave-and-Tracy] "New" Tanglewood Tree?

  • John Papp
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2002
      >From: "higginsbp" <rootsandboots@...>
      >To: Dave-and-Tracy@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Dave-and-Tracy] "New" Tanglewood Tree?
      >Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:15:26 -0000
      >
      >Wow, haven't been here in a while. Thanks for the spam infor Jessica.
      >Was listening to KMTT "The Mountain" here in Seattle this morning and
      >heard a version of Tanglewood Tree I hadn't heard before - it seemed
      >more folk-rocky and ended with Dave whispering at the end of the
      >song. Anyone else heard this version? Know where it's from?
      >Brian

      Dave has always been whispering at the end of the song. perhaps you have
      been listening with one channel? i always thought it was neo folk-rocky.or
      neo mythic. another mystery. jp

    • higginsbp
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2002
        you know, now that I think about it, it could be because I'm used to
        hearing it live and not on the radio - but, it just sounded
        different. time to pull out the disc and see if i was hallucinating.

        --- In Dave-and-Tracy@y..., "John Papp" <johnpapp@h...> wrote:

        > >From: "higginsbp" <rootsandboots@m...>
        > >To: Dave-and-Tracy@y...
        > >Subject: [Dave-and-Tracy] "New" Tanglewood Tree?
        > >Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:15:26 -0000
        > >
        > >Wow, haven't been here in a while. Thanks for the spam infor
        Jessica.
        > >Was listening to KMTT "The Mountain" here in Seattle this morning
        and
        > >heard a version of Tanglewood Tree I hadn't heard before - it
        seemed
        > >more folk-rocky and ended with Dave whispering at the end of the
        > >song. Anyone else heard this version? Know where it's from?
        > >Brian
        >

        > Dave has always been whispering at the end of the song. perhaps you
        have
        > been listening with one channel? i always thought it was neo folk-
        rocky.or
        > neo mythic. another mystery. jp

        http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.
      • Terry Woodburn
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2002
          For any Portland fans who are wondering if they may have a chance to catch
          Dave and Tracy before they
          begin the spring tour, Juliet Wyers (a fine artist in her own right) and one
          of Dave's local faves, Vivian's Keeper
          will be appearing with Dave and Tracy this Thursday. Dave and Tracy close
          the show, probably around 9:30
          for their slot, but catch the others, they are quite good. I think the show
          is free.

          Dave and Tracy, Juliet Wyers, Vivian's Keeper----8pm this Thursday
          Higgins Gallery
          Pacific NW College of Art