One Day Art Workshops On Fridays Starting October 21

  • Sharon Jeffus
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2011
      Visual Manna One Day Art Workshops
      These workshops are 9:00 until 3:00 on Fridays from October 21 until December 6, 2011. Cost is $25.00 for the first child in a family and $5.00 less for each additional child. Cost includes choice of ebooks that go with the workshop. Kid bring a lunch.
      October 21, 2011 9:00 until 3:00
      Art Basics
      This workshop is for students who haven't had an opportunity to take very much art. It presents the elements and principles of art and the techniques in using all materials and supplies. Students learn techniques in charcoal, watercolor, acrylic painting, pastels, and clay.
      November 11, 2011 9:00 until 3:00
      American History in Art Day
      To celebrate Veteran's Day we will spend the day studying American art starting with the early American seascapes of Allston and Homer to the landscapes of Moran and Bierdstadt. We will make an Indian weaving and make an Indian Wedding Pot. We will finish with a patriotic poster combining American symbols of the flag, liberty bell, eagle, and Statue of Liberty.
      November 18 and 25 9:00 until 2:00
      Creating a Movie, Making an Animation and Designing a Website
      We will study, write, and produce a short screen play. We will have special guests that will enhance the presentations. Students will receive a CD with all the programs on it, and talk about special effects and create their own. Cost is $40.00 for both days. Students must provide a laptop. We have laptops to sell that are refurbished for only $75.00. Ask to see a sample one.
      December 5, 2011 9:00 until 3:00
      Teaching Renaissance History through Art
      Students will make a fresco, learn painting techniques of the Renaissance masters, make a beautiful Renaissance triptych and an Illuminated Text.
      These will make lovely Christmas gifts.
      December 6, 2011 9:00 until 3:00
      Sculpting and Ceramics....Just in Time for Christmas
      This is a workshop for all ages. Moms can come for free and take part. This is perfect for last minute personalized Christmas gifts. Of course, we will be making angels.