RE: [DakotaFanning] i can't believe it

  • Odie Palmer
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2006
      I believe that we as true, devoted fans of Dakota will be supportive of her
      acting achievements regardless of the nature of her roles. She is a
      multi-faceted, very gifted living legend at twelve, and the fact that she's
      effectively versatile in all roles speaks for itself. To limit this
      ambidextrously talented girl to 'kiddie' roles is in effect an insult, and
      placing limitations upon her versatility as the great actress we know her to
      be.
      Dakota, go for it, and shine 'em away.

    • glennab@open.org
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2006
        I think you have overreacted to some unproven stories in the press. The
        film is now being edited and only the director and editor know what the
        final print will look like. It is my understanding the nude scene is at a
        swimming pool, probably only a backside view. The sexual abuse scenes may
        even be removed from the film because of the controversy in the press.
        There is not any real sex in the film or on the set, and Dakota was
        protected by her parents and agents from anything that would harm her. I
        am offended by the notion that her parents are like Nazis. I believe that
        Dakota herself does make the final choices for her roles and film parts,
        and I don't forsee any lasting harm to her psyche from the part.

        > why!?
        >
        > it may be hurt a little child, and if they(dakota and the actor)
        >
        > did real thing XXXXXXXXXXXX, that will.......i don't know what can i
        > say.
        >
        > the other thing i am really amazed....... is about dakota's parents,
        > are there any diadolic parents like them in the world?
        > they are as terrible as "hitler"!!
        >
        > although i said these thing, dakota fanning still did the act she want,
        >
        > it's her free, hope she improved her acting a lot after the movie,
        >
        > and pray for her, our faverite.
        >
        > a boy who speak bad English

      • j00717171
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
          thanks for your reply, i understand every thing now!!

          jay
        • giuseppe soriano
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
             why  anyone project this to this star. plus i hope a lots of people boycutt this movie.

            j00717171 <j00717171@...> wrote:
            thanks for your reply, i understand every thing now!!

            jay

          • Steven Titchenell
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
              --- In DakotaFanning@yahoogroups.com, "Odie Palmer"
              <odiethesecond@...> wrote:

              > I believe that we as true, devoted fans of Dakota will be supportive
              of her
              > acting achievements regardless of the nature of her roles. She is a
              > multi-faceted, very gifted living legend at twelve, and the fact
              that she's
              > effectively versatile in all roles speaks for itself. To limit this
              > ambidextrously talented girl to 'kiddie' roles is in effect an
              insult, and
              > placing limitations upon her versatility as the great actress we
              know her to
              > be.
              > Dakota, go for it, and shine 'em away.
              > I agree 100% Dakota's I.Q. is obviously way off the charts. So I'm
              sure she's getting bored playing less challenging roles. She handled
              the violent scenes in "Man On Fire" brilliantly. Also, even that
              didn't get her an oscar nomination. So if that is the next goal she
              has set for herself, she probably realizes it may very well take a
              role like the one in "Hounddog" to get it. The graphic content of the
              film has probably been greatly exaggerated by now anyway. If the
              nude/topless scene is one where she's swimming, she may very well be
              wearing a wet, white t-shirt.
              I wouldn't want to have to film a story where a child got raped. On
              one hand, I'd want to do it without the child having to expose any
              private areas of his/her body. But on the other hand, the rape scene
              in "Bastard Out Of Carolina" where the guy tore open Jenna Malone's
              shirt to reveal a t-shirt looked kinda stupid. I doubt a pedophile
              would rip open a childs' shirt to see another shirt & stop there.

              > >From: "j00717171" <j00717171@...>
              > >To: DakotaFanning@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: [DakotaFanning] i can't believe it
              > >Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 15:24:41 -0000
              > >
              > >why!?
              > >
              > >it may be hurt a little child, and if they(dakota and the actor)
              > >
              > >did real thing XXXXXXXXXXXX, that will.......i don't know what can i
              > >say.
              > >
              > >the other thing i am really amazed....... is about dakota's parents,
              > >are there any diadolic parents like them in the world?
              > >they are as terrible as "hitler"!!
              > >
              > >although i said these thing, dakota fanning still did the act she want,
              > >
              > >it's her free, hope she improved her acting a lot after the movie,
              > >
              > >and pray for her, our faverite.
              > >
              > >a boy who speak bad English

            • John Mesh

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 2, 2006
                  --- In DakotaFanning@yahoogroups.com, John Mesh <jmesh@...> wrote:

                  > If you boycott it, more will people will see it -- that's the way
                  > things work.
                  > I will watch the movie, or at least try to, because I'm a fan of
                  Dakota's & I support her. If it's too sexually graphic, I won't finish
                  watching it. But I will remain a Dakota Fanning fan.