VIRTUAL MEDITATION RETREAT

  • Hai Nguyen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010

      Last Tuesday evening, we had a wonderful sitting group gathering at Mirte’s home in Alexandria.  Even though it was a cold evening, we felt quite warm and supported as we meditated and participated in the group discussion.

      To set the tone for the entire 2010 and to deepen our practice, I invited the group to join me in a Virtual Meditation Retreat. Together, we would make the commitment to sit every day for 30 minutes for 8 weeks.  Scientifically, mind & body research have found that when participants meditate regularly for similar duration, afterward they became much more mindful, calmer and happier in their life.  Everyone at the meeting welcome the idea, so below are the guidelines for this Virtual Meditation Retreat.

      1.    We will make the pledge to put forth the best effort to practice sitting meditation daily with the understanding that sometimes life challenges may interfere with this intention

      2.    We will begin on 12 January and end on 9 March.  9 Mar is our March Sitting Group meeting.  I think we should have a pot-luck gathering on this date to celebrate (:-)

      3.    We will commit to sit for at least 30 minutes a day at about the same time every day i.e. Morning (before 8 AM), during the day, or Evening (after 7 PM)

      4.    At the end of each week, I will send an email out to provide some guidance and suggestion.  You will also have opportunity to ask questions privately or to the group

      5.    To participate, you will need to email me by Sunday 10 Jan and let me know your intention to participate in this virtual retreat and your practice schedule i.e. Morning, during the day, or Evening.   I will consolidate the list and send out to the group.

      I am looking forward to receive your participation.  Together, we will journey as a river, not drops of water to practice and to support each others on the path of enhancing happiness and transforming suffering.

      Hai

    • Danielle
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2010
        I'm in! Will attempt mornings.

        Danielle

        Danielle Wilfong
        danielle@...

[...]

      • Peter Jacoby
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2010
          Hai,

          Count me in as well.  I would love to participate!  I intend to sit each day in the morning.

          Thanks!

          Pete

        • macewentj@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9, 2010

            Thomas J MacEwen

            Atlantic Coast Sales Inc.

            7032013144 cell

            7039972336 fax

[...]

             I do actually meditate in the morning consistently. I would love to join this group effort for suggestions and dialogue.

            Thank You