Welcome the New Year

  • Hai Nguyen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2012

      I woke up early this morning to welcome 2012.  I lighted the oil lamp on the altar, sat in the lotus posture and practiced mindful breathing to be fully present with each moment of the New Year.  The room was filling with light from the oil lamp and life from the mindful breath.  The body was still and relaxes in the quiet early morning hours.  The mind was also calm and solid like the mountain.  With each conscious breath, the mind and body were present to embrace and transform each moments of the New Year into peaceful moments and joyful moments…  and liked that I sat in meditation.
      In ending the sitting, with the hands joined, I silently recited wholeheartedly the sharing merit verse “Sitting in meditation, practicing the way of awareness gives rise to benefits without limit.  I vow to share the fruits with all beings.  I vow to offer tribute to parents, teachers, friends, and numerous beings who give guidance and support along the path.”
      Wishing everyone a mindful 2012 with peace and happiness
      Hai