Tea

  • Fr. Seraphim
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010

      Maybe tea will help me in the mornings so I don't fall asleep during my sitting practice.

      Ray

      Deer Park Monastery

      Info

      Tea Meditation

      This cup of tea in my two hands, mindfulness held perfectly. My mind and body dwell in the very here and now.

      Tea meditation is a time to be with the Sangha in a joyful and serene atmosphere. Just to enjoy our tea together is enough. It is like a “good news” occasion, when we share our joy and happiness in being together.

      At times, when we are drinking tea with a friend, we are not aware of the tea or even of our friend sitting there. Practicing tea meditation is to be truly present with our tea and our friends. We recognize that we can dwell happily in the present moment despite all of our sorrows and worries. We sit there relaxed without having to say anything. If we like, we may also share a song, a story or a dance.

      You may like to bring a musical instrument or prepare something ahead of time. It is an opportunity for us to water the seeds of happiness and joy, of understanding and love in each one of us.