WELCOME TO THE 15-MINUTE SITTING GROUP

  • Hai Nguyen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2009

      Hello friends,

      Welcome to the 15-minute Sitting Group Email forum (DailySittingMeditation@yahoogroups.com).  I am happy that you have made the commitment to practice sitting meditation every day for at least 15 minutes.  Personally, I have been sitting every day for a while, and it is wonderful to have friends on the path.  The purpose of this forum is to provide support, encouragement and share experiences.

      The following are friends currently in the group

      1.   John Beier in Arlington

      2.   Tom MacEwen in Richmond

      3.   Judy James in Arlington

      4.   Bruce Gill in Woodbridge

      5.   Kim Moore in Alexandria

      6.   Ray Stephens in Virginia Beach

      Please use this group email address to communicate to the 15-minute Sitting Group.

      To get to know friends in the group, I would like to invite everyone to share with the group the following:

      ·        When do you normally sit i.e. early in the morning, morning, lunch, evening, …?

      ·        Do you practice in a meditation room, bedroom, office, …?

      ·        Presently, What is the most difficult thing in your practice?

      Looking forward to read your sharing.

      Hai

    • Toreth
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2009
        Dear Hai and Group--please add my school e-mail address to the group rwstephe@...
        It is easier for me to reply using that address until my home computer is up and running.
        Metta and Peace,
        Ray

      • macewentj@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2009
          Hello,

           I am looking forward to sharing in this group forum. On weekdays I typically meditate at night around 9 after we have the kids in bed. Then on weekend days I sometimes meditate around 2:30 which is after they go down for afternoon naps. I use a wooden bench I made while attending one of Hai's classes at Arlington NOVA campus. I meditate usually in a walk in closet and sometimes in a guest bedroom on rare occasions. The things I have the most difficulty with are1. feeling drowsy and or falling into a sort of trance where I am quiet and peacful but not really alert and 2. losing mindfulness and all of a sudden realizing that I am off in lala land thinking. I usually meditate for 25 minutes every day. Tonight I only meditated for 17 minutes and was nodding off more than a couple of times. Yesterday I meditated for 25 minutes and had what I would call a very mindful meditation and as soon as I was finished I got lost in an emotion and became completely unmindful and angry. s unday I meditated for 25 minutes and was very tired before begining and also nodded off a few times and decided to get up and do 15 minutes of walking meditation in which I was much more mindful.

          Take care and peace to everyone

          Tom

          --
          Tom MacEwen