      From: Nadia Taran <nadiataran@...>
      To: DailySittingMeditation@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:19 PM
      Subject: Re: [DailySittingMeditation] Don't Indulge. Be Happy. - NYTimes.com

      Dear Sitting Group:
      I love the concept of being mindful a dozen times a day, but in practice I found it much harder.  I had the best intentions.  I was going to stop hourly and focus on my breath.  When I remembered, it was hard to stay focused.  There was too much going on.  A few breaths and my mind jumped to something else.   Whereas, when I start my day with meditation, I go through simple rituals that keep my surroundings quiet and allow me to be still.   What's been your experience?  Any suggestions?