Ed Cartier Shadow Magazine Art

  • pjfdebunker
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2011
      I put some Shadow magazine illustrations in the photo section. They were on ebay. Here is the seller's description: "5 pieces of original pen and ink art by comic and pulp magazine artist Edd Cartier (1914-2008). The art is on illustration board. 4 of the 5 are from 1946 pulp magazine titled "THE SEVEN DEADLY ARTS" THE SHADOW MAGAZINE, OCTOBER 1946 #308 VOLUME 52, NO. 2. One is from "THE LITTLE BLACK BOOKS" 1940s. This, i assume, is another pulp magazine. The 3 large pieces of art measure 15" by 20". The 2 smaller ones measure 10" by 15". 4 of the 5 are signed by Edd Cartier. They each have the page number of the magazine along with dialogue."