Da Shadow's Nose!

  • Benny Drinnon
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2008
      I already had a club for Pat Savage ( cousin of Doc Savage, charachters
      in another pulp magazine ), and I decided to make a club for The Shadow
      as well. And naturally Margo Lane. As in the Doc Savage club, we're
      going by the original stories here, and the misrepresentations of
      Phillip Jose Farmer are not allowed.
      The original stories don't always agree with each other ( something
      that frequently happens in superhero adventures ), so this can be
      remarked on as we go along. It didn't seem to matter to the original
      fans and I don't suppose it matters that much now. The main idea was
      that the stories were supposed to be entertaining.
      For myself, I prefer the radio version of The Shadow, and The Shadow
      also began on the radio. Both the radio and the pulp version were
      supposed to be the same charachter, although they varied somewhat and
      the pulps even said that The Shadow wasn't really even Lamont Cranston,
      as the radio had it. But the Lamont Cranston secret identity continued
      to be used in later books, movies, etc. which tended to ignore the
      story that Lamont Cranston was actually only another alias.
      Other similar charachters such as Doc Savage, Batman, etc. may be
      discussed here as long as an attempt is made to discuss things in a
      friendly and more or less peaceable manner. - the living Shadow fan