question concerning whether there is a consensus on Dan's action profile

  • moredock col. john
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011

      is there a consensus on the question of whether  cooper seems to have known quite a bit about the type of airplane he hijacked?

      the transcripts of the hijacking show that cooper knew he could work the exit wihout help, and he debated at least one other detail with the crew.

      Psychologically I was impressed by the fact that he offered to pay for his drink. (Have I got that right?). I think that was an excellent way of trying to calm down the stewardess, who naturally he had put under terrible stress. It is a symbolic act:  I would say, that generally (!) speaking -- but Dan wasn't general, he was particular like you and me-- a man who pays for his drink is not going to kill the person who brought it.

      If I am right in assuming that Dan had not entered into the hijacking without being informed about the plane; or right in interpeting his actions on the plane as keeping relatively "cool" under pressure, i conclude that he was a man wo had come prepared for the day's work.

      I therefore find it difficult to believe that the jump itself was not well planned too. It does not make sense to me that an individual who plans the earlier steps would be negligent about the get away.

      What do others think? Does Dan Cooper strike you as someone who planned quite well and whose actions suggest that he knew what he was doing, at least up until he jumped?

      Or is there evidence that he was pretty uninformed about a lot of things relevant to what he was doing before he jumped, and that therefore the jump itself might have been an act he had not considered carefully or in an informed manner?

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011
        Cooper did have knowledge of the aircraf Not a lot but enough. Jerry Thomas

        jcocktail posted a link 1971 D.B. Cooper Letters Linked to Suspect William Gossett
        To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy.
        Visit Your Groups | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe from the Updates Email

      • Willie B

          --

          …keep your life in sight,
          and may your lights burn bright...

        • James Leone
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011

            The transcripts show him seeking assistence from Stewardess Mucklow.

            Its too clever to assume he was informed about the plane.

            Back then the psychologist thought he would jump with Mucklow and blow up the plane.

            He might have given his drink to a passenger in second class.

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011
              James. If you have any serious questions about this case feel free to contact me at 541-755-6066. Jerry Thomas

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2011
                Willie all answers you are looking for I can answer feel free to contact me at any given time . Jerry Thomas