Error with DVRPTR Repeater

  • repeater.group
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hi Group.. HNY 2013.

      I've got a newer type 1 X-dvrptr board and im trying to run it with
      Jonathans DVRPTRRepeater, and im seeing this error in the log.

      E: 2012-12-31 18:03:00: The DV-RPTR modem is not responding to the version command
      E: 2012-12-31 18:03:00: Cannot open the DV-RPTR modem

      My older DVRPTR board works ok, also both boards work ok with the German control centre program.

      The older board being a DVRPTR board and the newer one a XDVRPTR board, have the german team changed something other than firmware ? ( i have tried several firmware types in the newer board, including the same as in the older board ) but still see the same error.

      I know the X-DVRPTR card is on comm 11 but im not to sure what the error message above means.. Any help ? would be appreciated.

      Andrew M1DNS.
    • Adam
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2013
        Hi group HNY 2013 too.
        Andrew,
        1. did you reset modem, do restart computer among your tests?

        I saw strange behaviour when I initalized V1 (old) by CC that not recognize V1 and then initialized the same modem with CC which modem recognized correctly.

        2. Jonathan said, that he must change his code to get working V2.
        If so, maybe you use too old version.
        73
        Adam

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013
          Hi Andrew,

          --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "repeater.group" <m1dns.gb3hb@...> wrote:
          > I've got a newer type 1 X-dvrptr board and im trying to run it with
          > Jonathans DVRPTRRepeater, and im seeing this error in the log.
          > My older DVRPTR board works ok, also both boards work ok with the German control centre program.

          There is only a firmware difference between your two boards. The DV-RPTR hardware is still the same.

          > The older board being a DVRPTR board and the newer one a XDVRPTR board, have the german team changed something other than firmware ?
          ( i have tried several firmware types in the newer board, including the same as in the older board ) but still see the same error.

          If you flash the openSource firmware (1.10e - 1.69b) the board should be behave like the other one. Changing the FW results in a new driver install procedure (Windows) and a new COM port will appear.

          > I know the X-DVRPTR card is on comm 11 but im not to sure what the error message above means.. Any help ? would be appreciated.

          Maybe a wrong COM port was opened. The error massage means, that your modem isn't responding.

          73 de
          Jan, DO1FJN
        • repeater.group
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013
            --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <acq_2009@...> wrote:

            > Hi group HNY 2013 too.
            > Andrew,
            > 1. did you reset modem, do restart computer among your tests?
            >
            > I saw strange behaviour when I initalized V1 (old) by CC that not recognize V1 and then initialized the same modem with CC which modem recognized correctly.
            >
            > 2. Jonathan said, that he must change his code to get working V2.
            > If so, maybe you use too old version.
            > 73
            > Adam
            >
            > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "repeater.group" <m1dns.gb3hb@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Group.. HNY 2013.
            > >
            > > I've got a newer type 1 X-dvrptr board and im trying to run it with
            > > Jonathans DVRPTRRepeater, and im seeing this error in the log.
            > >
            > > E: 2012-12-31 18:03:00: The DV-RPTR modem is not responding to the version command
            > > E: 2012-12-31 18:03:00: Cannot open the DV-RPTR modem
            > >
            > > My older DVRPTR board works ok, also both boards work ok with the German control centre program.
            > >
            > > The older board being a DVRPTR board and the newer one a XDVRPTR board, have the german team changed something other than firmware ? ( i have tried several firmware types in the newer board, including the same as in the older board ) but still see the same error.
            > >
            > > I know the X-DVRPTR card is on comm 11 but im not to sure what the error message above means.. Any help ? would be appreciated.
            > >
            > > Andrew M1DNS.

            Adam as the post says it works fine in CC. And as i have been toying with this over the last few days, yes i have restarted the PC .its DVRptr that see the problem. i just saw another post on the pcrepeater group, with the same issue... so looks like we might need an update... Andrew