Question about AMBE Board v2.2

  • f4avi
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 27, 2012
      Hi,
      I plan to put my DVRPTR V1 + AMBE v2.2 with a T7F transmitter in one box.
      I wanted to add an external LF power amplifier (lm386 or so) with an external Loudspeaker.
      Can I connect the output of the AMBE board to the input of the amplifier ?
      Does someone have the diagram of this board ?
      I'm looking for the pinout of the 5 pin connector near to the 2.5" Jack plug.

      Thanks for answers

      F4AVI Fabrice
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 27, 2012
        Hi Fabrice,

        --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "f4avi" <fabrice@...> wrote:
        > I plan to put my DVRPTR V1 + AMBE v2.2 with a T7F transmitter in one box.
        > I wanted to add an external LF power amplifier (lm386 or so) with an external Loudspeaker.
        > Can I connect the output of the AMBE board to the input of the amplifier ?
        > Does someone have the diagram of this board ?
        > I'm looking for the pinout of the 5 pin connector near to the 2.5" Jack plug.
        ---

        There is no need for a third NF-PA. The NF-Codec TLV320 contains a ClassD speaker driver (differential output) wired to the 2.54mm pin connector.
        A 2nd NF-PA is equipped for the microphone-speaker. You will find a user manual in the files section of DVRPTR group.

        I have no access to it (my membership was ended) so it will be nice, if someone put it into this group.

        Kind regards,
        Jan
      • F4AVI Fabrice
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 9, 2013
          Hi,
          I saw an item GPS data into ControlCenter Program.
          Can we connect a GPS receiver (NMEA output) to the DVRPTR v1 ?
          If yes, how to connect it ?

          I use the v1.69b firmware.

          --
          73's de F4AVI Fabrice
          fabrice@...
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 11, 2013
            Hi Fabrice,

            --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, F4AVI Fabrice wrote:
            > I saw an item GPS data into ControlCenter Program.
            > Can we connect a GPS receiver (NMEA output) to the DVRPTR v1 ?
            > If yes, how to connect it ?
            >
            > I use the v1.69b firmware.
            ---

            It is possible to connect a serial device to the DV-RPTR board. But there a lot of thinks to take care about:
            1. there is no RS232 level shifter on the board: You need a 3.3V TTL signal from the GPS device.

            2. I have currently no firmware planned to catch NMEA data and add a DPRS packet for transmission. Maybe that feature is contained in the XDVRPTR firmware. In the current V1.69b firmware this serial port is used as an alternate connection way for embedded solutions.

            3. A GPS receiver makes sense only in stand-alone operation (using the AMBE-Addon). But in this case the needed Pin are used for microphone Up/Down keys or DTMF keypads (new / planned AMBE-Board).

            So it isn't easy to offer a very flexible but simple-to-use solution. In my next firmware change I will improve the stability and add the support for the new features of the AMBE-Addon.

          • F4AVI Fabrice
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 11, 2013
              Thanks for answer Jan.
              Connect a GPS receiver to send DPRS packet for stand-alone operation is
              exactly what I meant !
              I tried the xdvrptr firmware, but came back to the 1.69b because some
              software function of the control center didn't work (display rx msg,
              statistics, etc...).
              To my mind, it would be a great feature if we can send the real-time
              position into DPRS packet, when using DVRPTR_v1 with an external 9k6-TRX
              in stand-alone mode ...

              I'll wait to see if the other users of DVRPTR v1 will ask for this
              feature for the new firmware.

              Thanks again for us and DVRPTR v1 support!

              --
              73's de F4AVI Fabrice
              fabrice@...

              --