Cannot read call server in control Center

  • kb0wd
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 26 3:36 PM
      Have a Ver_1 board with Control Center

      Finds the board but error on start up

      Can not read call server???

      Any Help Thanks

      73 Rich KB0WD
    • skycom291980
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 26 5:03 PM
        What version of control center are you using? If its the latest you have to make sure you are using the XDVRPTR firmware loaded onto your board. As for the call server not working, the control center does not seem to work half the time. I am seeing missing repeater that should be in the repeater lists and I know they are active because 2 of them are mine. Sometime mine will connect and sometimes it wont. I still think there is a lot of work to be done to really make that a stable software. It does have some glitches that need addressed. As for my earlier questions I am curious what it is your running for the control center?????The latest version is what you should run if you have the XDVRPTR firmware loaded. If you have the DVRPTR firmware on the board you need the control center from a long time ago and its a very old version and its in the files section. I sent you a message awhile back and I can remote connect to you machine and try and get you going. It shouldn't be that hard unless you have machine issues. I could do the loading and flashing of firmware and get you set with correct software.

        Let me know if I can help you.

        Dean KF9L

        --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@...> wrote:

        > Have a Ver_1 board with Control Center
        >
        > Finds the board but error on start up
        >
        > Can not read call server???
        >
        > Any Help Thanks
        >
        > 73 Rich KB0WD

      • kb0wd
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 26 5:11 PM
          Hi Dean

          Using V1.10e and CC 2.0.4501.39823

          73 Rich

          --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "skycom291980" <skycom291980@...> wrote:

          > What version of control center are you using? If its the latest you have to make sure you are using the XDVRPTR firmware loaded onto your board. As for the call server not working, the control center does not seem to work half the time. I am seeing missing repeater that should be in the repeater lists and I know they are active because 2 of them are mine. Sometime mine will connect and sometimes it wont. I still think there is a lot of work to be done to really make that a stable software. It does have some glitches that need addressed. As for my earlier questions I am curious what it is your running for the control center?????The latest version is what you should run if you have the XDVRPTR firmware loaded. If you have the DVRPTR firmware on the board you need the control center from a long time ago and its a very old version and its in the files section. I sent you a message awhile back and I can remote connect to you machine and try and get you going. It shouldn't be that hard unless you have machine issues. I could do the loading and flashing of firmware and get you set with correct software.
          >
          > Let me know if I can help you.
          >
          > Dean KF9L
          >
          > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Have a Ver_1 board with Control Center
          > >
          > > Finds the board but error on start up
          > >
          > > Can not read call server???
          > >
          > > Any Help Thanks
          > >
          > > 73 Rich KB0WD

        • skycom291980
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 26 5:26 PM
            Go to the very last tab on the control center when its started up and tell me what the date is for when that software was released.

            Dean
            KF9L

            --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@...> wrote:

            > Hi Dean
            >
            > Using V1.10e and CC 2.0.4501.39823
            >
            > 73 Rich
            >

            > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "skycom291980" <skycom291980@> wrote:
            > >
            > > What version of control center are you using? If its the latest you have to make sure you are using the XDVRPTR firmware loaded onto your board. As for the call server not working, the control center does not seem to work half the time. I am seeing missing repeater that should be in the repeater lists and I know they are active because 2 of them are mine. Sometime mine will connect and sometimes it wont. I still think there is a lot of work to be done to really make that a stable software. It does have some glitches that need addressed. As for my earlier questions I am curious what it is your running for the control center?????The latest version is what you should run if you have the XDVRPTR firmware loaded. If you have the DVRPTR firmware on the board you need the control center from a long time ago and its a very old version and its in the files section. I sent you a message awhile back and I can remote connect to you machine and try and get you going. It shouldn't be that hard unless you have machine issues. I could do the loading and flashing of firmware and get you set with correct software.
            > >
            > > Let me know if I can help you.
            > >
            > > Dean KF9L
            > >
            > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Have a Ver_1 board with Control Center
            > > >
            > > > Finds the board but error on start up
            > > >
            > > > Can not read call server???
            > > >
            > > > Any Help Thanks
            > > >
            > > > 73 Rich KB0WD

          • kb0wd
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 26 5:29 PM
              4/28/2012
              --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "skycom291980" <skycom291980@...> wrote:

              > Go to the very last tab on the control center when its started up and tell me what the date is for when that software was released.
              >
              > Dean
              > KF9L
              >

              > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Dean
              > >
              > > Using V1.10e and CC 2.0.4501.39823
              > >
              > > 73 Rich
              > >

              > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "skycom291980" <skycom291980@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > What version of control center are you using? If its the latest you have to make sure you are using the XDVRPTR firmware loaded onto your board. As for the call server not working, the control center does not seem to work half the time. I am seeing missing repeater that should be in the repeater lists and I know they are active because 2 of them are mine. Sometime mine will connect and sometimes it wont. I still think there is a lot of work to be done to really make that a stable software. It does have some glitches that need addressed. As for my earlier questions I am curious what it is your running for the control center?????The latest version is what you should run if you have the XDVRPTR firmware loaded. If you have the DVRPTR firmware on the board you need the control center from a long time ago and its a very old version and its in the files section. I sent you a message awhile back and I can remote connect to you machine and try and get you going. It shouldn't be that hard unless you have machine issues. I could do the loading and flashing of firmware and get you set with correct software.
              > > >
              > > > Let me know if I can help you.
              > > >
              > > > Dean KF9L

            • skycom291980
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 26 5:30 PM
                From what I can see from the version you gave me you are using the wrong firmware and need to update to the latest control center.....there is a newer one. You have a fairly recent release of control center form what it looks and you have to use the XDVRPTR firmware and 1.10E is not its the DVRPTR firmware there is a difference.

                Dean
                KF9L
                --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@...> wrote:

                > Hi Dean
                >
                > Using V1.10e and CC 2.0.4501.39823
                >
                > 73 Rich
                >

                > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "skycom291980" <skycom291980@> wrote:
                > >
                > > What version of control center are you using? If its the latest you have to make sure you are using the XDVRPTR firmware loaded onto your board. As for the call server not working, the control center does not seem to work half the time. I am seeing missing repeater that should be in the repeater lists and I know they are active because 2 of them are mine. Sometime mine will connect and sometimes it wont. I still think there is a lot of work to be done to really make that a stable software. It does have some glitches that need addressed. As for my earlier questions I am curious what it is your running for the control center?????The latest version is what you should run if you have the XDVRPTR firmware loaded. If you have the DVRPTR firmware on the board you need the control center from a long time ago and its a very old version and its in the files section. I sent you a message awhile back and I can remote connect to you machine and try and get you going. It shouldn't be that hard unless you have machine issues. I could do the loading and flashing of firmware and get you set with correct software.
                > >
                > > Let me know if I can help you.
                > >
                > > Dean KF9L
                > >
                > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Have a Ver_1 board with Control Center
                > > >
                > > > Finds the board but error on start up
                > > >
                > > > Can not read call server???
                > > >
                > > > Any Help Thanks
                > > >
                > > > 73 Rich KB0WD

              • skycom291980
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 26 5:32 PM
                  That's weird because my latest release number is not much different from yours. Version 2.0.4874.22534 (5/6/2013)and have to use the XDVRPTR firmware with that. All I could do do actually see whats going on is log in remotely and see with my own eyes.

                  Dean
                  KF9L

                  --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@...> wrote:

                  > 4/28/2012
                  > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "skycom291980" <skycom291980@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Go to the very last tab on the control center when its started up and tell me what the date is for when that software was released.
                  > >
                  > > Dean
                  > > KF9L
                  > >

                  > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi Dean
                  > > >
                  > > > Using V1.10e and CC 2.0.4501.39823
                  > > >
                  > > > 73 Rich

                • kb0wd
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 26 5:34 PM
                    Also have 3/26/2012 CC

                    It does not error for call server but does not show any callsigns

                    but does shoe xref and d-plus ref. list

                    --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@...> wrote:

                    > 4/28/2012
                    > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "skycom291980" <skycom291980@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Go to the very last tab on the control center when its started up and tell me what the date is for when that software was released.
                    > >
                    > > Dean
                    > > KF9L
                    > >

                    > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hi Dean
                    > > >
                    > > > Using V1.10e and CC 2.0.4501.39823
                    > > >
                    > > > 73 Rich

                  • skycom291980
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 26 5:36 PM
                      do you have the ambe board installed on the board or is it just the board itself

                      Dean
                      KF9L

                      --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@...> wrote:

                      > Also have 3/26/2012 CC
                      >
                      > It does not error for call server but does not show any callsigns
                      >
                      > but does shoe xref and d-plus ref. list
                      >

                      > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > 4/28/2012
                      > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "skycom291980" <skycom291980@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Go to the very last tab on the control center when its started up and tell me what the date is for when that software was released.
                      > > >
                      > > > Dean
                      > > > KF9L

                    • kb0wd
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 26 5:38 PM
                        no ambe just the board

                        --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "skycom291980" <skycom291980@...> wrote:

                        > do you have the ambe board installed on the board or is it just the board itself
                        >
                        > Dean
                        > KF9L
                        >
                        > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Also have 3/26/2012 CC
                        > >
                        > > It does not error for call server but does not show any callsigns
                        > >
                        > > but does shoe xref and d-plus ref. list

                      • skycom291980
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 26 5:44 PM
                          Just another question have you opened all the ports on your router needed for dstar communications. There are a few that are needed to be opened in the router or wireless router whichever you have. In my point of view since CCS is so new and to keep up to date with the features I would flash the board with the XDVRPTR firmware and load the very latest control center that's out like what I am running and give it a try. If it don't work its not like you cant go back to where you were but as for the issues your having it would be nice to see your computer screen and then I could maybe troubleshoot better.

                          Dean
                          KF9L

                          --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@...> wrote:

                          > no ambe just the board
                          >
                          > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "skycom291980" <skycom291980@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > do you have the ambe board installed on the board or is it just the board itself
                          > >
                          > > Dean
                          > > KF9L
                          > >
                          > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Also have 3/26/2012 CC
                          > > >
                          > > > It does not error for call server but does not show any callsigns
                          > > >
                          > > > but does shoe xref and d-plus ref. list

                        • Matthew Pitts
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jun 26 6:29 PM

                            Dean,

                            This might be similar to, if not part of the same problem, as the issues that are happening with Jonathan's software with regards to the DCS/XRF reflector nameserver.

                            Matthew Pitts
                            N8OHU

                            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                            Just another question have you opened all the ports on your router needed for dstar communications. There are a few that are needed to be opened in the router or wireless router whichever you have. In my point of view since CCS is so new and to keep up to date with the features I would flash the board with the XDVRPTR firmware and load the very latest control center that's out like what I am running and give it a try. If it don't work its not like you cant go back to where you were but as for the issues your having it would be nice to see your computer screen and then I could maybe troubleshoot better.

                            Dean
                            KF9L

                            --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@...> wrote:

                            > no ambe just the board
                            >
                            > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "skycom291980" <skycom291980@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > do you have the ambe board installed on the board or is it just the board itself
                            > >
                            > > Dean
                            > > KF9L
                            > >
                            > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "kb0wd" <hinkelr@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Also have 3/26/2012 CC
                            > > >
                            > > > It does not error for call server but does not show any callsigns
                            > > >
                            > > > but does shoe xref and d-plus ref. list

                          • rogerd111
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 27 8:23 AM
                              Where can I find the latest version of Control Center. I looked here, in the files, and found a version dated 12/26/12. I also looked on DVRPTR.net and found the same dated file.
                              TIA,
                              Roger

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jun 27 3:23 PM
                                You have to join another yahoo group called DVRPTR this one here is called DVRPTR_V1 but the other group is where you get the software and where its up to date. If you use the latest control center though remember that you must use the XDVRPTR firmware on your board.....the standard dvrptr firmware will not work.

                                Dean
                                KF9L

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jun 27 4:52 PM
                                  Hi Dean

                                  Have the x firmware installed running

                                  DV-RPTR Control Center
                                  Version 2.0.4834.1606 (3/27/2013)

                                  Still error in call server...

                                  CCS is showing stations.. Have not made a contact yet

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jun 27 5:59 PM
                                    There is still a newer control center out. Its 5/6/2013 release date. Not sure if that will fix anything but I would try and update your control center still. Another thing is what version of firmware did you load. Some firmware of xdvrptr is not compatible as well with some of the newer control center releases. What I mean by that is that they say that when they release the software that firmware of XXX version only compatible with the version of control center. So you still need to update your control center to the latest and the latest firmware is XDVRPTR V132A

                                    If after that you still have problems then as I asked before one thing you need to make sure of as well is make sure all the required ports are opened on your router for dstar communications. Again after that has been confirmed and you still problems then either you have a problem with the way you have the software set or something else is going wrong because you will then have everything set the same way I do and mine is working fine. That's why I mentioned I could easily log into your machine and verify everything from the software is set right, update your board to the very latest firmware, update your software to the latest and if needed I could set your router ports.

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jun 28 8:59 AM
                                      Thanks for the info Dean.
                                      Roger