Connection to Reflectors

  • klattcw
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2013
      Hi guys, Just wondering if you guys can help us with connecting to reflectors with DVrptr control center? We are able to use the repeater just fine but are unable to connect to any reflectors or other repeaters. We are logged in to ircddb and sending aprs stats but unable to connect. do we need to have a dplus callsign in or the hamqth info in?
    • Jim Thisdale
      Message 2 of 6 , May 23, 2013
        if you want to connect to anything dplus wise you must have a registered/valid ustrust call in the
        dplus....
        the dplus call is not needed for dextra/xrf, dcs, ccs usage.

        if the 'desired destination' is NOT in your appropriate hosts file you will need to be connected to
        the ircddb-server.

        -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B
        http://n1jmm.no-ip.org

        Message 3 of 6 , May 25, 2013
          Thanks for the reply Jim, We have got it working and it has worked great for about 24 hours and then it seems to drop out when anyone cqcqcq's. If we just connect and listen it works great but once we cqcqcq it disconnects. Any ideas?

          Thanks, VA6CWK

          Message 4 of 6 , May 27, 2013
            I have setup the dvrptr with the 1.80k firmware and have it connected to a windows 7 pro system, We are running the repeater control software version 2.0.4501.39823. The system works as a repeater just fine but when we try to connect to a reflector it connects but once we cqcqcq it disconnects. We have been trying to connect to the ircddb gateway with our callsign and password but it never does, it just connects to xGateway. We can connect to xreflectors but are unable to stay connected to reflectors. Any suggestions? It was working fine with the moen board and win dv so we are curious if there is something we are overlooking? We have a valid ircddb registration as well as a US trust the call is VA6SRG.
            Any help would be great!!!

            --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Jim Thisdale <n1jmm1@...> wrote:

            > if you want to connect to anything dplus wise you must have a registered/valid ustrust call in the
            > dplus....
            > the dplus call is not needed for dextra/xrf, dcs, ccs usage.
            >
            > if the 'desired destination' is NOT in your appropriate hosts file you will need to be connected to
            > the ircddb-server.
            >
            > -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B
            > Visit my Pi running ircddb, dvrptr, Apache & many other things:
            > http://n1jmm.no-ip.org
            >
            > On 5/23/13 10:10 PM, klattcw wrote:
            > > Hi guys, Just wondering if you guys can help us with connecting to reflectors with DVrptr control center? We are able to use the repeater just fine but are unable to connect to any reflectors or other repeaters. We are logged in to ircddb and sending aprs stats but unable to connect. do we need to have a dplus callsign in or the hamqth info in?

          • skycom291980
            Message 5 of 6 , May 27, 2013
              Well going from what your saying on the software your using the IRCDDB is no longer used by the control center software anymore. THey seem to think that CCS is the best and greatest ever and nothing will be better and shut the ircddb down from that software so you wont be connecting to it from that software anymore.

              Dean
              KF9L

              Message 6 of 6 , May 27, 2013
                The number 1 cause is the dplus callsign, either not registered, and/or not entered correctly.
                (Including any terminal digits).
                Also could be user callsign, dplus database not up to date.

                The gateway log file should be logging the dplus connection status and most likely it will be
                showing with an RO meaning Read Only, as in listen only, not authorized to TX.

                It is also possible your software and or radio is not setup correctly.

                I can't run control center and I highly recommend you switch to G4KLX software which works in all modes.

                -Jim- N1JMM, KB1YPL_B
                http://n1jmm.no-ip.org