Re: I got mine

    Message 1 of 2 , May 6 1:52 AM
      Hi Matthew,

      --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Pitts <daywalker_blade_2004@...> wrote:
      > I just received my DV-RPTR, and boy is this thing smaller than I expected. It will go quite nicely with my Raspberry Pi setup now that I have some idea what size it is; I may end up making a pocket sized D-Star node with a Raspberry Pi, DV-RPTR and a modified Baofeng UV-5R once I take the time to do the modifications to the Baofeng so it will pass the signals properly.
      ---

      Using a RDA1846 driven radio for GMSK ("flat audio") is a bit difficult. You must modify the firmware so that all DSP filters are switched off. I found some undocumented bits for programming the IC so it can be used for GMSK. You can found a C module in the openDV firmware (DV-ATRX, DV-Modem project).
      A good start point it the "hacking the UV3R" project...