Re: Best firmware

  • Howard
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 15 1:55 AM
      Hi Jan

      Mamy thanks for the informative post. I had come to that conclusion after trying to find the cause of an intermittent problem I had over several months.

      In a nutshell, my repeater would occasionally echo transmissons when connected to DCS014 causing the reflector to become unusable at that time. I tried everything totrack it down: swapped between ccs and ircdddb/repeater software, moved between ADSL and 3G, rebuilt the PC on which the software was installed, swapped between an original dvrptr board and the Canadian board. In the end a combination of ircddb/dvrptr/firmware 110e seemed to get rid of it.

      Unfortunately I could not get any assistance in tracking it down and at various times was banned from DCS014 by its administrators and then, at their request, blocked from all DCS reflectors.

      I have been running on reflector REF003 for a while now and have had a number of QSOs of varying length without any problem reports. It was for this reason I had concluded 110e was the solution. From what you tell me this now seems unlikely so I have absolutely no idea what the cause was. All I know for sure is that the problem started after I did upgrades of firmware and software.

      So I am now as much in the dark as to the cause of the problem and can only hope that whatever caused it has decided to leave me alone for ever!

      73

      Howard