Re: [DVRPTR_V1] Re: DV-RPTR restart

  • Will
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 6, 2012
      Lets all give a big cheer for Bruce and Jan.  Lets continue this project with a big bang to support all.  73

      Will / W4WWM

      On 12/6/2012 7:35 AM, Fran Miele wrote:
      Jan, that is good to hear

      --Fran,W1FJM

      Sent from my iPad 👍

    • Bruce Given
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 6, 2012
        Thanks for the kudos ! and support
        As promised will keep all up to date as things move along

        And yes Jan and I looking into bring the AMBE board back

        Regards
        Bruce Given
        VE2GZI

        On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Will <w4wwm@...> wrote:

        Lets all give a big cheer for Bruce and Jan.  Lets continue this project with a big bang to support all.  73

        Will / W4WWM

        On 12/6/2012 7:35 AM, Fran Miele wrote:
        Jan, that is good to hear

        --Fran,W1FJM

        Sent from my iPad 👍

        I’d rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of unthinking consumers.
      • Howard
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 8, 2012

          So glad you are on the team, so to speak, and that you are focussed on the basic purpose of the V1. As I have mentioned elsewhere, it would be fantastic if firmware for both D-STAR and P25 (which was in the original plan when the modem project started) could become available.

          The simple fact is that the V1 board was the catalyst for the sudden D-STAR expansion by allowing low cost but effective repeaters to be produced. If D-STAR is to continue to grow then such a product needs to be available for some time.

          It could have the same impact on Amateur P25 now that second hand P25 radios are appearing.

          Thanks again.

          Howard
          Vk4BS/VK4RPH
        • Dennis Rogers
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 9, 2012
            I would be very interested if your board will work with DStar and P25 as well. I have a real
            need for this mode of operation. Even if it takes different software/hardware to implement it.
            Keep us posted on progress.

            Dennis

            Jan

            --