Re: [DVRPTR_V1] Development for DV-RPTR (P.25 / DMR and more)

  • Howard Small
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 5, 2013
      Would love to go do it - just don't have the necessary skills :(

      Howard

      On 05/04/2013, at 23:44, "Fred PA4YBR" <fred@...> wrote:

      Well, like Jan said.. the source is available, go do it!

      That said... I somehow feel that Motorola will not be too fond of any
      "open developments" in their arena.  They are nasty about DMR, so
      probably with P25 as well....

      --f

      From: dvrptr@...
      Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:19:07 +0000

      Hi folks,

      From time to time someone ask about the P.25 functionality... but till today no one except me develop new stuff for the open source firmware.

      It's a pity!

      I ever want a APCO P.25 module to create Hotspots / Repeater for it, but it need a bit time and skills to do that.

      In the moment I write a Interface documentation for developer and prepare modules for the new AMBE-Board.

      I hope some one will be a part of firmware development - it's a huge area:
      - optimized, well-calculated GMSK demodulator
      - C4FM
      - APCO P.25 air interface
      - DMR air interface (repeater)
      - packet radio, AX.25, 6pack, TNC
      - ...

      They are a lot of requests for the firmware.

      73 de
      Jan, DO1FJN