Interop question/comment

  • kc0lno
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2013
      Other than us folks involved in EMCom, is there any interest in using the DVRPTR+AMBE connected to a Kenwood TKR-850 or similar to provide interoperability with non-Dstar radio's (analog). We want to develop a better interface to the analog world, this would include Mototurbo, HF, IRLP/Echolink, and of course analog repeaters. Presently we are in the process of building a full Free Star* using a DVDongle (blue) and an audio fob, using Dplus Client to provide analog connectivity. I think that the DVRPTR+AMBE would be a much better interface.

      During times of emergencies, we need to connect all our amateur comms resources to provide support to our served agencies. In Colorado, we have Dstar/Free Star* from Cheyenne Wy, to Raton Nm along the I-25 corridor, this gives us a great backbone for connectivity, so it seems only logical to leverage this connectivity to support the ARES/RACES/AUX Com support mission.

      Mike Skinner KC0LNO
      Cheyenne Mountain Repeater Group
      KC0CVU / KD0RDI / KD0QPG
      and