Re: AMBE-2020 Addon micophone

    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 16, 2013
      Hi Tom,

      --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pauwels <tom@...> wrote:
      > But my question was since you changed the spacing of the 2.5mm & 3.5mm jack
      > a standard kenwood microphone with those 2 pins won't fit anymore ..?

      The 3.5mm and 2.5mm connectors are not compatible with "portable" Speaker-Microphones (10mm / 11mm spacing). Neither mechanically nor electrically (pinning).

      You can combine a speakerless microphone (modular RJ45) with a loudspeaker (3.5mm) or you can use a headset (earphone + mic + PTT; 2.5mm).

      The old kenwood pinning only allow you to use only a such speaker mic. You can't use 2 separate components with it. So I decide to go to the RJ45 - I already had on my previous prototype (DV-ATRX).