Re: Dvrptr version 1 AMBE Boards

  • repeater.group
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 16, 2013
      > Hi
      > we are in the last stages of finalizing the design and doing a costing
      > so we will be able to answer these questions very shortly !
      >
      > We think that you will be pleasantly surprised on the cost
      >
      > I will let Jan comment on the connectors.
      >
      > Kindest regards
      > Bruce
      > VE2GZI

      Bruce and Jan
      thanks for the replies all seems as i had hoped (although strange on the spacings of the spkr/mic connectors)

      if you hold a list of interested partys stick my name -email on it as i would be very interested in getting a hold of one when they become available for general purchase...

      Andrew. M1DNS
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 16, 2013
        Hi Tom,

        --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pauwels <tom@...> wrote:
        > But my question was since you changed the spacing of the 2.5mm & 3.5mm jack
        > a standard kenwood microphone with those 2 pins won't fit anymore ..?

        The 3.5mm and 2.5mm connectors are not compatible with "portable" Speaker-Microphones (10mm / 11mm spacing). Neither mechanically nor electrically (pinning).

        You can combine a speakerless microphone (modular RJ45) with a loudspeaker (3.5mm) or you can use a headset (earphone + mic + PTT; 2.5mm).

        The old kenwood pinning only allow you to use only a such speaker mic. You can't use 2 separate components with it. So I decide to go to the RJ45 - I already had on my previous prototype (DV-ATRX).