Re: [DVRPTR_V1] AMBE-2020 Addon micophone

  • Matthew Pitts
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 16 4:05 AM

      Tom,

      Probably not, since the 2.5 and 3.5mm jacks are now both audio output, with the RJ45 jack being the audio input jack.

      Matthew Pitts
      N8OHU

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 16 5:53 AM
        > Hi
        > we are in the last stages of finalizing the design and doing a costing
        > so we will be able to answer these questions very shortly !
        >
        > We think that you will be pleasantly surprised on the cost
        >
        > I will let Jan comment on the connectors.
        >
        > Kindest regards
        > Bruce
        > VE2GZI

        Bruce and Jan
        thanks for the replies all seems as i had hoped (although strange on the spacings of the spkr/mic connectors)

        if you hold a list of interested partys stick my name -email on it as i would be very interested in getting a hold of one when they become available for general purchase...

        Andrew. M1DNS
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 16 10:17 AM
          Hi Tom,

          --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pauwels <tom@...> wrote:
          > But my question was since you changed the spacing of the 2.5mm & 3.5mm jack
          > a standard kenwood microphone with those 2 pins won't fit anymore ..?

          The 3.5mm and 2.5mm connectors are not compatible with "portable" Speaker-Microphones (10mm / 11mm spacing). Neither mechanically nor electrically (pinning).

          You can combine a speakerless microphone (modular RJ45) with a loudspeaker (3.5mm) or you can use a headset (earphone + mic + PTT; 2.5mm).

          The old kenwood pinning only allow you to use only a such speaker mic. You can't use 2 separate components with it. So I decide to go to the RJ45 - I already had on my previous prototype (DV-ATRX).