Re: Over Due Update

  • bertojg
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 10 10:11 AM
      Bruce,

      Do you, or anybody else, have a suggested source for the cables?

      Robert
      K5DTE

      --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

      > Hi Robert,
      > Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just finished
      > testing and loading software on them
      > I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?
      >
      > The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most
      > PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run
      >
      > board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most USA locations is
      > approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
      > and is insured for $100
      >
      > $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD
      >
      > I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send you
      > a paypal invoice which you can pay
      >
      > Let me know how you want to proceed
      >
      > Kindest regards
      > Bruce Given
      > VE2GZI
      >
      > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM, bertojg <me@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Bruce,
      > >
      > > Any word from the build house?
      > >
      > > Robert
      > > K5DTE
      > >

      > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "bruce.given" <bruce.given@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello,
      > > >
      > > > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
      > > > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
      > > > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
      > > > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/
      > > Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
      > > > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
      > > >
      > > > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
      > > >
      > > > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at Bruce.given@
      > >

      > > > Kindest regards
      > > > Bruce Given
      > > > VE2GZI
      > > > --
      > > > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
      > > unthinking consumers.
      > > >

      > --
      > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
      > unthinking consumers.

    • Brian Frobisher
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 10 10:29 AM

        www.monoprice.com

        Super easy prices and they don’t rip you off on shipping small orders

        WA6JFK

        Do you, or anybody else, have a suggested source for the cables?

        Robert
        K5DTE

        --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

        > Hi Robert,
        > Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just
        finished
        > testing and loading software on them
        > I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?
        >
        > The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most
        > PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run
        >
        > board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most
        w:st="on"> USA locations is
        > approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
        > and is insured for $100
        >
        > $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD
        >
        > I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send
        you
        > a paypal invoice which you can pay
        >
        > Let me know how you want to proceed
        >
        > Kindest regards
        > Bruce Given
        > VE2GZI
        >
        > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM, bertojg <me@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Bruce,
        > >
        > > Any word from the build house?
        > >
        > > Robert
        > > K5DTE
        > >

        > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com,
        "bruce.given" <bruce.given@> wrote:

        > > > Hello,
        > > >
        > > > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
        > > > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
        > > > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
        > > > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/
        > > Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
        > > > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
        > > >
        > > > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
        > > >
        > > > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at
        Bruce.given@

        > > > Kindest regards
        > > > Bruce Given
        > > > VE2GZI
        > > > --
        > > > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one
        full of
        > > unthinking consumers.
        > > >

        > --
        > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
        > unthinking consumers.

      • bertojg
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 10 10:51 AM
          Thanks Brian,

          Monoprice is evil. I go there for one thing and $60 later... lol

          Robert
          K5DTE

          --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Frobisher" <froby@...> wrote:

          > www.monoprice.com
          >

          > Super easy prices and they don't rip you off on shipping small orders
          >

          > WA6JFK
          >

          > _____

        • vk7yxx
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 10 11:01 PM
            That's great news Bruce. It's good to see things coming together. I look forward to an expansion of the D-Star user/repeater base following the reintroduction of a cost effective solution, even more so once the AMBE boards are available again.