Re: Over Due Update

  • bertojg
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
      Responding directly...

      Robert

      --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

      > Hi Robert,
      > Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just finished
      > testing and loading software on them
      > I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?
      >
      > The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most
      > PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run
      >
      > board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most USA locations is
      > approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
      > and is insured for $100
      >
      > $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD
      >
      > I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send you
      > a paypal invoice which you can pay
      >
      > Let me know how you want to proceed
      >
      > Kindest regards
      > Bruce Given
      > VE2GZI
      >
      > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM, bertojg <me@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Bruce,
      > >
      > > Any word from the build house?
      > >
      > > Robert
      > > K5DTE
      > >

      > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "bruce.given" <bruce.given@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello,
      > > >
      > > > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
      > > > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
      > > > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
      > > > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/
      > > Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
      > > > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
      > > >
      > > > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
      > > >
      > > > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at Bruce.given@
      > >

      > > > Kindest regards
      > > > Bruce Given
      > > > VE2GZI
      > > > --
      > > > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
      > > unthinking consumers.
      > > >

      > --
      > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
      > unthinking consumers.

    • bertojg
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
        Bruce,

        Do you, or anybody else, have a suggested source for the cables?

        Robert
        K5DTE

      • Brian Frobisher
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013

          www.monoprice.com

          Super easy prices and they don’t rip you off on shipping small orders

          WA6JFK

          Do you, or anybody else, have a suggested source for the cables?

          Robert
          K5DTE

          --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Given <bruce.given@...> wrote:

          > Hi Robert,
          > Funny you should email me , I got them back Thursday and have just
          finished
          > testing and loading software on them
          > I had you down for One Board and One Case correct ?
          >
          > The 6 pin cables that I got are useless they have 2 pins missing like Most
          > PS/2 cables so I am not including any cables with this run
          >
          > board+Case $106USD + Canada Post + USPS delivery to most
          w:st="on"> USA locations is
          > approx $16.50 typically 4-6 working days
          > and is insured for $100
          >
          > $106+$16.50 = $122.50 USD
          >
          > I take payment by Paypal , Once I have shipped the Box+Case I will send
          you
          > a paypal invoice which you can pay
          >
          > Let me know how you want to proceed
          >
          > Kindest regards
          > Bruce Given
          > VE2GZI
          >
          > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM, bertojg <me@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Bruce,
          > >
          > > Any word from the build house?
          > >
          > > Robert
          > > K5DTE
          > >

          > > --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com,
          "bruce.given" <bruce.given@> wrote:

          > > > Hello,
          > > >
          > > > Wanted to give everybody a quick update
          > > > I got the boards back on Friday they look great !
          > > > ........ BUT yes their is always a BUT :-(
          > > > It appears that my contract Manufacturer has inverted the Power/
          > > Activity LED so they are going back for re-work !
          > > > they are quoting me approx a week to do this
          > > >
          > > > Sorry about that just wanted everybody to know what was going on
          > > >
          > > > any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at
          Bruce.given@

          > > > Kindest regards
          > > > Bruce Given
          > > > VE2GZI
          > > > --
          > > > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one
          full of
          > > unthinking consumers.
          > > >

          > --
          > I'd rather live in a world full of eccentric thinkers than one full of
          > unthinking consumers.

        • bertojg
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
            Thanks Brian,

            Monoprice is evil. I go there for one thing and $60 later... lol

            Robert
            K5DTE

            --- In DVRPTR_V1@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Frobisher" <froby@...> wrote:

            > www.monoprice.com
            >

            > Super easy prices and they don't rip you off on shipping small orders
            >

            > WA6JFK
            >

            > _____

          • vk7yxx
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 10, 2013
              That's great news Bruce. It's good to see things coming together. I look forward to an expansion of the D-Star user/repeater base following the reintroduction of a cost effective solution, even more so once the AMBE boards are available again.